1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel Happy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by twospiritlycan, Apr 1, 2014.

1. I don't usually know what to do when I feel sad or upset

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hugging a pet helps me. Sadly I can't always be around the

3. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.
    ~Barney Stinson (HIMYM)

Sorry, I still can't get over the fact it ended :frowning2:

Anyways, what I tend to do is find something that I enjoy doing. If I ever get sad, I usually watch a movie (preferably a comedy) or TV show that I enjoy. It tends to keep my mind off of what got me sad in the first place.

Other times, I tell myself that life goes on. Tomorrow will be better. When tomorrow rolls around, I find things that will make it a good day. It increases my confidence and my mood in general. Accomplishing something will definitely help you get over being sad or upset. Those are just ways I deal with it, though.

4. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    being on forums helps me. usually I read something the makes me smile or laugh.

5. QueerQueen

If my good friend isn't busy I talk to her about it and she always helps me with either advice or to see it in a different perspective, maybe even in a good way. I listen to music a lot to but I can't say that it helps because I listen to songs that relates to what I'm feeling, it helps me get it out though. If all else fails I crawl into my bed :grin:

6. Nikky DoUrden

on the long run, being productive helps me being happy :slight_smile:
    depands on your area of interest of course ^^

7. Azumarion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Being around my pet dog usually cheers me up. Or playing video games. :slight_smile:

8. Sorceress of Az

I day dream about romance, then I just break down and get emotional cause I am single.
    So then I turn to chocolate and snacks, got a fast metabolism though so I never gain weight.

9. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I have to listen to music.
    Otherwise I get lost.

10. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

This seriously works for me every single time! I take an ice cold shower..I feel like my bodys so focused on staying warm that it can't deal with my shenanigans at the same time. It crystallizes my thoughts and puts them into perspective. I normally don't tell anyone this (cuz I don't wanna bitch) but I used to have somewhat self harm addiction but I've gotten over it cuz cold showers give me the same feeling. I have a friend and working out really helps for her! It never did for me cuz I get migraines but definitely worth trying! :slight_smile:
    Hope I helped!

11. QueerQueen

This as well, although I have a cat and not a dog :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but video games yess

12. Yosia

Watching funny anime, music, pets ^.^

13. kem

kem

Yoga, tea, the outdoors, spending time with friends, painting and drawing, watching films and series. And good food, although much of my unhappiness is caused by overindulgence on sweet stuff

14. Silas

Same here, need the music! :slight_smile:

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you're sad, really, really feel it. We spend so much time numbing ourselves from pain, but it won't do. Your soul needs to feel deeply. Emotion is like a wave that passes, feel it flow over you and let it pass.

After it's over is the time you should do something to take care of the thing that made you sad in the first place. Not before.

16. C P

C P

Taking a walk and just being out and about does wonders for me usually. That and I like to discuss the past.

17. Hexagon

Greatwhale has some good points there. We feel for a reason, and despite popular belief, I don't think it's because our brains hate us.

I don't usually get sad. I get annoyed, or angry, or frustrated, and there is usually a clearly identifiable source. In this case, I just identify the problem, solve it, or conclude I can't do anything about it, then play videogames and attempt to control my emotions. I do feel sad sometimes, but it doesn't seem to have an obvious cause. When this happens, how I deal with it really depends on my situation. If I'm alone, particularly around nature, then this really translates into a pensive calm state. If I'm around people, I stop talking and play some music into my earphones, and try to forget the universe exists.

18. Illus1

You know u'r right Greatwhale, I can't imagine how many times I go, sad--> ugh I can't deal with this right know F-it. But even when I do deal or try to deal with it it's almost always the same reply 'BUCK UP' BE A MAN, don;t be a wuss, & it can be hard to get out of that mental frame/upbringing. Heck that guys don't cry shit do guys actually cry? I almost never do, I hardly did when my dad passed away and have always been stoic. It is hard to be stoic! I think people that can express themselves have it easier they heal faster, I certainly didn't. Srry for going off-topic.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2014 at 12:48 AM ----------

For me the opposite works, when I'm down I seek out people, start a conversation talk about b.s. and then no matter what I always feel better afterwards.