1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Boy Meets Boy" Book - Little Competition

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have a "previously enjoyed" paperback copy of Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan that I am happy to give away to anyone that wants it (I'll post it anywhere in the world). It's in good clean condition, read just once so the spine is a bit creased.

Rather than just giving it to the first request or whatever, I have decided to have a little competition over the Easter holiday weekend.

To enter, send me a Private Message, telling me - in no more than 30 words - why I should give the book to you.

Entries must be received by 12 noon GMT on Tuesday 10th April (so if you get it in by the end of Monday where you are, that will allow for time zone differences).

I will then list the entries, without names, in the private moderators area and we will choose the best one between us. I will ask the site owners to join the judging too.

I will then contact the winner for their address, and post the book to you. The winner will also get the "EC Competition Winner" title which appears under your name and in the Forum Leaders list. This also allows you to store more Private Messages.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Two entries so far, and a bit over a day and a half to go. Plenty of time, still. With a fairly small number of entries your chances of winning are better, so why not go for it!

Entries can be serious, funny, poetic, whatever you like.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

OK, the competition is now closed. Only two entries unfortunately.

I'll announce the winner once we have decided.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As I mentioned above, we had just two entries.

The first thing we noted is that both entries are over the 30 word limit. However if we disqualified the entries for that we wouldn't have a competition at all. Had we received some entries that were the correct length we would have disqualified the over-length ones.

After some discussion we decided that the winner is entry #2. This is because #1 has already read the book whereas #2 hasn't. Also #2 speaks about gaining from the experiences of the characters.

So I would like to congratulate NACHO for his winning entry, and also offer thanks and commiserations to GuitarGirl1350. NACHO, I will send you a PM asking for the address to send your prize to, shortly.

5. GuitarGirl1350

Sorry I went over- I discounted words 1 or 2 letters since that's how they do it for my school.
    Congrats NACHO! =] You'll enjoy it.