1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to raise children?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Okay guys so this is a bit of a rant where I go off my nut at everything.

You know what I don't understand? You know how people say homosexuals should not be allowed to have children? How about those straight single mums who do drugs and have sex with strangers to keep a roof over their heads or even just because they feel like it.
    People claim that lesbians and gays can't raise children the right way and they don't even look at how bad some straight people are.. I've seen a youtube video of a man who was raised by two lesbian mums.. He is in the military or something and is very successful and then straight people go on to say homosexuals shouldn't have children? It disturbs me and angers me so much that some people can be so ignorant. My nan for example is against gays and says children should have a mother and father but you know what? If gays and lesbians can raise children BETTER then alot of straight people then why deny them that right? Grr I can't stand some people's ignorance. To top all of this off.. We can't get married but a straight man who was on his way to his wedding stopped by the bar and got plastered only to end up completely wasted when he got to the church. Who thinks that man deserved the opportunity to marry his wife? Not me! He ruined it right on the day. :tantrum:

I don't know if this post was out of line.. I'm just sharing my opinion. Feel free to reply.

2. Au.Quicksilver

I agree. People say that gay couples are bad parents, but then they don't look at straight couples!

3. Sorceress of Az

I believe the gender of the parents has little to do with how good or bad they are as parents.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cis or Hetero couples can be really unfit parents too...

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That's what i'm saying..

6. Cass

I saw someone comment on Facebook once that a gay male couple was "selfishly depriving kids of a mother"
    Right cause an orphan already has a mother right?
    No
    I'm sure they'd rather have two dads or two moms than none

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what your saying. This whole idea that only heterosexual parents should have children is ridiculous.

I think of it like this: I'm bi myself and have two children. I'm not parent of the year or anything, but I feel I do ok, especially as one of my children is autistic. I'm now a single parent and have to work and bring up kids like that. If I was now to get a new partner and they turned out to be male, do these people then suddenly think I have become less of a parent to my kids, or that my ability to raise my kids has diminished?

Of course it hasn't (and I'd have words with anyone who claimed otherwise). This is why it makes no sense when they claim this. I think for some, it's just another unfounded excuse to be homophobic, as there is no evidence to support that kids with same sex parents are disadvantaged in ant way.

Let's hope one day people can move past such stupid notions, as I'm sure there are plenty of disadvantaged kids out there who would love to be in a loving home regardless of parents orientation.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not only having two dads or two mums is better than having none, but it is actually equally good to having a mum and a dad. :wink:
    Ohana :grin:

9. Colours

You're missing the point. It's not like everyone says every gay person is a bad parent. Most of them say we shouldn't be allowed to raise children because it's just not natural to have two parents of the same sex because they can't get kids in a natural way (and/or god/nature/whatever has not meant it to be this way). They mean gay couples, not necessarily gay people.

I don't agree with this idea but don't forget that they do have a point because the first part is true, no matter how you're going to put it.

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That point is usually followed up by the equally reasonable counter that the same people usually don't have any problem with fertility treatments, performance enhancers and a million other things that allow them to do things they couldn't do 'naturally'.

It may be accurate, but it's still a stupid argument.

11. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe this will get better when we get more examples of children raised by gay couples.

Hello! I know you don't agree with this idea, but lets suppose you do.

What you (or those who defend this isn't normal) define as "normal", or "natural way"?
    Nature isn't conscious. It doesn't intend to do anything.

You may say the natural way is, for us, to spread our DNA at any cost. To begin with, we would probably be polygamous (i'm considering the american culture), as it would be easier to spread DNA this way.

You may say there is monogamy in nature, as it exists in certain species of owls (if i'm not mistaken, but there are more examples). Well, homossexuality isn't something exclusive on humans as well (it happens, for example, on lions).

What is natural? What the majority of people say it is? Why?

Considering modern biology and sexual education, i highly doubt this is accurate.

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of the arguments I've seen here point to the stereotype that all gay people are pedophiles that rape children every day, and that's how they "recruit" them into being gay.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And I'm totally agreeing.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When people say this It makes me so mad as you all may or may not know I am raised by two straight parents my mom and step dad my actual dad died but anywhere both of my parents are abusive towards me . My middle school days and high school days were hell . My dad got drunk all the time broke stuff in the house , my mom would take her anger out on me every chance she got . Every time I came home from school it was always a fight with my mom over nothing she would find random things to beat me over , for example you drop the books on the floor let me beat with a belt or hit , I'm so upset I'm gonna hit the hell out of you one time I got knocked out for ice cream because I hate the last bit of it , And don't try asking mom to help you with your home work because she would always say your too stupid to teach do it yourself . then you go to school and have teachers mad at you on top of that why isn't your home work done why can't you past my class ? . I was over stressed . Try having a mom tell you she loved you as baby but hates you now because your not what she wanted you to be and called you names like stupid , dumb , worthless , and tell you you'll be nothing but a no good pregnant teen . going to school was stressful as well because I also got bullied so try getting bullied when your at home and when your at school . Then in high school my mom actually kicked me out of the house so I spent the whole night sleeping outside !! I also had a project to do and couldn't even finish it and didn't finish it til 5am in the morning when I was allowed to come back at 2am in the morning . try having a dad call you stupid as well and that you have to baby sit in while he was drunk because you didn't want him to break stuff in the house try that and keeping up with school work .

The most embarrassing thing is I had to wear sunglasses to school because I had a black eye and then your friends finding out your mom beat the crap out of you . Try getting chocked by your own mom til you can't breath and your dad had to grab her off you , while she tells you because she made you she had a right to kill you because you wouldn't let her beat the crap out of you . Or your mom reck the whole house because she was mad at there old dad then make you clean it up when she was done .
    I would have done a lot better with two gay or lesbian parents than my own parents
    I wish one of them could have adopted me . I would have had a much better life .
    So don't give me this crap about how straight parents are better just because they can make babies because I heard the saying anyone can make a child but it takes a good person to be a good mother and father .
    :tantrum:

#14 stocking, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  15. kem

kem

So what if homosexuality or same-sex parents are unnatural? So what if it's a choice? It doesn't matter, and, because appealing to nature is stupid and a fallacious rhetoric, you shouldn't counter faulty logic with faulty logic — I think there was a saying about killing fire with fire... Whether these arguments against are inaccurate is beside the point, these things shouldn't matter.

Also, there is no right or wrong in nature, because it is an immoral state. We humans invented right and wrong once our empathy and reason started functioning above survival instincts. Or
    something like that I'm not an expert

#15 kem, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  16. Yosia

I find it really upsetting when people say things like this because i really love children and want some of my own but mean people like this make it hard!! Many people have said things like 'i would make an amazing dad' including my own dad!! And then there are some dads who spend their lives at the pub drinking >.< Like why would a gay person who really wants and loves a child be unfit but someone who doesnt care but is straight is??

Its so unfair!! >.<

17. ScatteredEarth

Well at this point we just need to look toward the future, things are changing every day and sometime in the near future, this won't be an issue for us anymore. Just hold out hope :slight_smile:

18. Colours

It is accurate. It's fact that two people of the same sex can not produce children without help of a third. That's what we're aiming at here. There's no going around that. I suppose people think that gay couples are just doomed to have a life without kids (if they even believe homosexuality exists or is okay - which I'm sure many of them don't). Because without external help, they can't get children.

I agree with the rest of your post. It's stupid of people to think this way. But matter of fact is, they do. Some people are just like that. Stupid. Hard to understand.

19. Joelouis

As with most things in life, there are pro's and cons.

20. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone