1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I biased or am I spot on?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by uncrushable, Apr 2, 2014.

1. uncrushable

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey all.

So... I got this friend, I've known her a little over a year. She's gay (early 30s), but sleeps with guys because there's no emotional attachment on her part. Well, she met a boy (early 20s) and developed some fuzzy feelings. They started messing around, saying it was just friends with benefits situation. Well, their son is a few months old now. While preggo, she swore up and down they wouldn't end up together. Well, they're dating. She asked me my opinion on it, since a lot of her other friends were confused/giving her a hard time about it. Told her I'd support them both, however I could. Also pointed out she still has feelings for her ex girlfriend whom she broke up with six months prior. I told her if she brings feelings from her past relationship it will mess with her new one. To which she had no reply.

Now. I've had feelings for this woman since before she was pregnant. Never acted on them because she still carries a torch for her ex and I know where we'd go if I tried to pursue her. So maybe that is giving me a bias. I don't think they'll make it as a couple. One person in the party wasn't interested prior to baby, the other has feelings for the ex. I think the baby is why they're together, because it's the "right thing to do".

But I dunno. Maybe I don't understand. Does anyone have any advice or insight?