1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Misery] Bug Bites [Loves Company]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Jul 23, 2008.

1. InaRut

So this summer has been horrible for me in terms of getting bug bites in the worst of places. I mean you get a bug bite on the leg or the arm and it's like, "Big deal." I mean it itches but it's not too annoying and within hours you've fogotten aboot it.

But you ever get those bug bites that really suck? Those bug bites that are placed in the worst spot imaginable?

I just realised I had a bug bite sorta between my pinky and index finger and hense the inspiration for this thread. As well as in the past this summer getting the bug bite behind my knee cap, between my eyebrows (just not visually appealing), on my cheek, and on my big toe.

So what are some of the places YOU HATE getting bug bites?

I think it's offical getting bug bites on the face...just suck.

Also...What "blood sucking bug." do you hate the most.

I think anyone in Ontario (in the country) will agree on blackflies. Nothing sucks more then a black fly bite!

2. Jim1454

I have to disagree - Deer flys - the big suckers - are the worst for me. I react in a really big way when they bite me. And it's usually on my foot somewhere while I'm wearing sandals. Either my heel or the top of my foot - and they drive me nuts!

3. InaRut

Deer flies hurt...but at least they don't come in itchy swarms like black flies do. I don't know what they are like in Toronto. But out here in the "rural" areas. They are honestly in SWARMS. And they can cover your arms and legs in seconds...even with bug juice on.

>_> Good thing their season doesn't last to long.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

And here I was thinking Canada was nice:astonished:

5. silentsound

ugh, I hate getting them on my feet, between my fingers, and in places you can't itch in public (tmi?) I feel for you friend!

6. Mind Freak

Ever get one in your hair?
    Those suck for me.

And on the foot.

But I only get bit by mosquitos.
    I got two on my forearm yesterday and now I have big swollen knots on the side of my arm. Lol.

7. InaRut

Oh man Blackflies like suicide dive bomb the hair.
    I hate that too.

Nothing like having a knot in your hair cause some bug wasn't watching where it was landing.

>_>

8. musicgirl112233

I hate getting ant bites on my feet.

9. Alexander

Dude. My friend got 142 mosquito bites in ONE NIGHT when we were camping. He refused to wear shoes, pants, or bugspray. :O

10. HalfInsane

Bah, black flies are evil little things. I hate when you'll find a big bloody mess on the back of your neck right along your hairline from them biting you. Thankfully we hardly have any of them around where I live.

I hate it when you get bitten between your toes... or anywhere on my hands. Bug bites I get on my hands and feet in general are way more itchy for me than anywhere else. But I think the worst for me was when I had a mosquito bite inside my ear. It was insanely itchy and I couldn't scratch it. ><

11. Vampyrecat

I live in australia...And i think the worst bites/stings I've ever had was
    a) when I was three, I lived in melbourne, and I accidentally stood on a European Wasps nest in the backyard. For those who don't know, they make their nests underground, which makes them hard to see. Anyways, I got stung by a whole swarm and I can remember being taken to hospital and having my mum slap them off me and shove me into a cold shower.

and B) I was up in the NT near Jabiru, and I rode my bike under a tree which unfortunately was full of THESE [​IMG] little bitches. People say they taste good but I think these little guys thought I tasted good because I was soon covered in them and I literally rode my bike into the swimming pool to get them off me cos they hurt so much when they bite. And when I got out of the pool oh boy you should have seen the welts. I had welts the size of a 5 cent piece all over my body. It hurt :frowning2:

But yeah....My brother has also been bitten on the thumb by a bullant the size of said thumb, and dad's had a huntsman spit at him. weird I know..but they spit.

12. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I had a sand fly bite in the inside of my ear once it was soooo horrible and itched really really bad!!!!!