1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone act weird with the sex they're not attracted to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Apr 2, 2014.

1. AlamoCity

I went out to lunch with my friends and a friend of a friend came along, bringing his girlfriend with him. We all had lunch and I was sitting directly across from the girl. The whole lunch, I felt weird because she was a good-looking girl, and while not attracted to her, I acted like a fool around her. We were talking about skin and I accidentally said "epididymis" instead of "epidermis" and then had to correct myself which was awkward on so many levels (Google epididymis if you don't know:lol:slight_smile:.

I feel awkward around new girls for some reason. Guys, even if I'm attracted to them, don't bring out this level of awkwardness. For some reason, I feel it's the fact that "society" expects guys to like girls is part of why I sometimes feel awkward around them. But, I still don't find them attractive. I'm completely gay :lol:.

Do you ever act weirdly around the sex you're not attracted to?

2. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, same. I'm fine around chicks, usually, but I'm terrible with guys. especially when I think they like me. A girl liked me last year and I didn't react nearly as bad as I usually do with guys.

3. apostrophied

Yeah, I'm not the best with guys, although when I know them, it's usually okay. With girls I don't get that, usually.

:confused:

Oh well.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope I'm fine with whatever there gender is just see the only problem is a lot of people r jerks so I don't deal with them.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    if i'm friends with a guy I wouldn't act weird but with men and women I don't know I act weird but I can talk to a guy much easier than i can talk with a girl . But I get very comfortable around guys that like me because it feels awkward because I don't like them that way . but one thing I notice is a lot of guys are touchy feelly and it bothers me

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Out of a professional or direct relational context, yes. Except for colleagues, my friend's boyfriends, my two best guy friends (effectively my little and big brothers), my two best older guy friends (like my uncles), and my dad, I really have no use for males. Being around them outside of these contexts feels like babysitting to me and I don't care for it so I treat them very dismissively. I'm not really any better with transguys but am less annoyed bc they don't usually take up as much space, speak as loudly, or exhibit as much machismo stupidity - in general... -.- Most women I do fine with but teenage girls and valley girl types irritate me to no end. If I'm attracted to someone, I act like a dweeb. :'(

7. turtleboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes most of the time if they are really attractive
    One time I was using excel and I ask a female friend to help me and she lean on me with her boobs touching me and I was relly nervous for no reason and just started laughing out of nowhere

8. IsThisAName

Nah, I'm the opposite. I don't act weird with the gender I'm attracted to (girls obv) but I freak out inside if I find them hot. I'm great with guys. I just feel really chill with them and I don't really freak out, it's just kinda like "hey buddy what's up?" Guys are pretty approachable for the most part I think, they're just chill and the complete opposite of girls.

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I think I get the same feelings except it's more because I don't want them to find me attractive/start hitting on me. Not that i'm great or anything I just get paranoid over silly things. But the real reason behind me being awkward around them is probably because I don't know how to connect with them? Maybe?

10. Incognito10

I am almost always more comfortable around females. Only instance this would not be the case is if the female did not like gay people or expected me to fit into some stereotype of heterosexual male.

11. C P

C P

Nope.

I generally find myself at (a lot) more ease around girls than I do with guys. It's just always been like this. Though it takes a sec to warm up to anybody, you put me with a (new) group of girls and I'll generally open up a lot quicker...put me with a group of guys and I tend to feel (really, in some cases) out of place and uncomfortable.

As I made mention on another thread, a good example of this is when I'm out by myself. Just a short ways back, I was at this restaurant and this group of girls started talking to me on their way out and I pretty much conversated back with little issue. However, I tend to get really nervous(though hide it) when it's a group of guys that comes by or sits nearby, leading me to avoid looking in their direction, etc. Fortunately, it's not as bad if a guy happens to be alone, sometimes with one other.

12. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nah, I'm usually cool with guys, although lately I've had quite a few guys trying it on with me (don't understand why since I'm probably about a three on the hotness scale) which has made things really awkward, but usually I feel more comfortable around guys, I just seem to click better with them on a friendship level.

13. Butterfly72

Yeah, I'm not good around men. Never have been really. Just don't get them.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm cool with guys on a friendship level but when you start liking me then there y a problem

15. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm like this with guys. I often act flirty and giggly around cute guys or guys who hit on me. I never do that with girls. I usually avoid girls that I'm attracted to.