1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kinda pissed off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blake21, Apr 5, 2007.

1. blake21

my life was finally back on track moved out of my aunts house got a new bf new job broke free of friends that dragged me down then what my dad and brother show up at my apartment today thought alright wanta talk right the last time we talked was when they found out i was gay went bad was wrong they were there cause they wanted me to go to a residentail program called love in action for reorientation therapy what the hell were they thinking you could say it went really badly the things someone can say to you in one breath then turn around and say i love in the next i dont get i just dont get why after they find out your gay they cant see past it and see there so much more to you then that

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It sounds to me like you need to be firm with them, and tell them you are completely happy as you are and are not going to any *%&£*$ reorientation therapy.

If you are old enough to have moved out and live with your boyfriend, they really do not have any right to tell you what to do with this. If you are still dependant on them financially that could add some complications.

Ultimately though they need to accept you as you are because you are not changing. If they can't do that then they could cut off contact with you. That may be better than the current situation though.

Stay strong, and don't let them get to you. Tell your bf what's going on though, so he knows why you are not in a good mood currently.

3. Kimi

Good god:tantrum: Are they really asked you to get in therapy program??
    I don't have any idea what happened to you before this but at least I suspect it's not cute...
    That's why you change everything around you right?

Maybe they thinks it's good for you but obviously you don't need that. You are living by yourself and old enough to make own decision.
    Is there any reason you have to do what they tell.......HELL NO

I know it's bit harsh to say this but I suggest you to stay away from them untill they understand...I mean come on:eusa_doh:

I hope you and your bf could make through this(*hug*) :kiss: (*hug*)

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow! So your dad and brother came all the way from Michigan unannounced to suggest that crazy idea? They should have sent an email. I guess that shows they are concerned about you, but it's too bad they don't understand the facts. I'm sure in their minds they think being gay is a problem that you need to overcome. I guess you could ask them whether they could become gay by going to therapy. I'm pretty sure they'll answer NO.

You can try to educate them to the facts that being gay is not a disorder that needs changing, reparative therapy does not work, and that you will always be gay as you always have been. These organizations have no long term statistics on their "success," they have not had any third party or peer review of their claims, and they are not supported by any professional medical association. That's a pretty strong case against their "treatment" methods. Don't feel bad if they refuse to listen to reason, that's their problem. As they say, you can lead a horse to water... I hope they come around, but it sounds like it will take them some time.

5. blake21

thanks for your input i talked to my bf he told me not to let them get me down that they just dont understand in time they might easier said then done sometimes