1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or Straight??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CM1989, Apr 5, 2007.

1. CM1989

How can I find out if my friend is gay without revealing that I am?

2. ASUBoi22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Try searching for him on the web... XY, Myspace and so on may give you a hint about it... If that doesn't work watch his reactions when girls vs guys are around him. Does he have more interest in the girls or guys? Does he say she hot and is dating a girls?

I know it is not much, but I hope it helps!!! :smile:

3. Kimi

That's pretty good ideas:eusa_clap

My ideas were things like how he cross his leg, how he talk, how he act, how he walk, how his hair looks, how his clothes looks, amount of girlfriends...
    But these are not so good ideas since there are always exceptions:icon_roll

The most quick and sure way to find out whether he is gay or not is...Go up to him and ask if he is gay or not...though this is very rude to do if you guys are not friend:confused:
    I hope these will helps you bit:thumbsup:

4. Blamblazer

Blamblazer Guest

If you want to know whether he's gay, why don't you want to tell him that you are gay? Seriously, think about it as a mutually sharing relationship and share with him who you are and I bet you'll find that he'll be much more willing to talk about himself -- I know that happens to me all the time. I've come out to a bunch of people simply because they were coming out to me and I thought that they should know that they were in familiar company.

5. OneBeKnown

OneBeKnown Guest

I'm pretty much in the same boat... except my two closest friends are most likely gay. They also fool around together, but one denies it. Let's call him K and the other one M. :slight_smile: K acts kind of flamboyant, whereas M is pretty much self secluded. However K tells me the kind of things they do and what kind of things M says to him. I was shocked to say the least... but found it quite amusing. You would never think M would be like that.

However K says he isn't gay, and he just "plays along". Maybe he's bi, I dunno. He likes every girl he sees, but he's more confident with guys. So that means he could be straight, however he's only liked girls for their personality, and possibly their looks, but he doesn't say anything about sex. So I'd say he's most likely gay.

Now to M, one time when talking on MSN we were arguing over which anime character was hotter. This was my way of "being open" without actually saying anything. However we never actually said anything about what we were actually saying. So maybe that was the same for him?

Recognising one's actions and movements could make the evidence harder than he could indeed be gay. However, you can not "find out" but only assume he is (unless he writes a diary, and you read it). You could go up and ask him, but then there's the high chance of him denying it, as being confronted with that question usually puts people in defensive mode. I do the same.

If you think you are close friends with him, and he wouldn't mind, then come out to him and he will probably come out to you. But if you fear his rejection, then in my opinion you will never find out until he tells you.

6. nisomer

just ask him :icon_wink

7. CM1989

@Kimi, What do you mean how he crosses his legs???

8. Kimi

You know?
    Cross legs, with the ankle of one foot over knee or
    Cross legs, with one knee over the other...

Thoguh it's a really stereotype so don't rely on this:grin:

9. SpikySpice

I think you have to watch if he pays attention on you or other guys. Yet if ur attracitve.

In school, I found out those guys were gay because some of them often and some always look at me . Well, most gay guys like to gossip with girls, so when you see him make out with a girl, dont be dissapointed, that is one way of getting attentions from you and others.

But the important thing is you have to step up and face him, ask him if he is gay. If he is not what you expected, pat your back because you have done a really brave job!

10. RH5893

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I actually tried that with a guy and he turned around and spread it around to everybody else.So if you don't want other people to know about you i dont suggest this.But if you absolutely trust him you should go with what feels right to you.

11. tired_of_lying411

Well I, myself, hate 'lying'... so I never say "she's so hott! I wanna tap that!" just to cover. I simply avoid talking about hotness altogether. This could be an indicator...

12. 94nat

I really like this school friend of mine. He is a few months younger than me. We have mucked around quite a bit but I don;t think that he is gay??? We have slept with each other naked and played with each other but we have never talked about being gay. I think that I might be because I don't really ever think about girls but at school I have seen him with a girl now and again. Do you think that he could be gay?

13. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If your not out why are you trying to out someone. If hes gay and he wants you to know then he will tell you. The best way is coming out to him. See what happens. But watching him and trying to figure out personal things is kinda creepy.

14. Qu_

Qu_ Guest

My general rule of thumb is look where said person's eyes go when they first see a group, what their eyes linger on, etc. That is, if I'm consciously thinking about it. Other than that, I've got a horrible people watching habit, and so I've sort of...developed a sense? I don't know, it's basically guessing in the end unless they openly say it. I will never say I'm 100% positive they are gay unless they've done something that directly states that. I just guesstimate their chances of being gay.

15. Sweet9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual