1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you look up to and why?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who do you look up to in life and why? Who inspires you or really gets you thinking? Someone you admire or has motivated you to do something or change something about yourself.

It can be anyone. A friend, a family member, someone from history or someone well known. It doesn't have to be a single person, if you want to put a bit about a few people.

Happy days:slight_smile:

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I don't have a real idol but some youtubers are really cool and have a great attitude. JennaAnne with her channel 'lesbian answer' helped me a lot to accept myself.
    I watch Ashley Mardell's channel when I'm down or unmotivated. That helps a lot:slight_smile:
    I also love Bria and Chrissy and Roseellendix.
    I just love them all and they helped me quite a lot although they don't know:slight_smile:

3. IsThisAName

Hmm. I guess the main people I really look up to would be a lot of my professors in college. I've been lucky to have some great professors who have gone out of their way to be a mentor to me. I have about four or five professors that I meet with regularly to talk about my future plans and career and they give me great advice. For the majority of them, it has been a few semesters since I've taken one of their classes, and we still stay in touch. They constantly build me up and point out my strengths and that has helped build my confidence a lot.

I admire them a lot because I feel like they have so much wisdom to offer (they all have PhD's in their area of study) and life experience that I don't have yet. I've been super lucky to have them and I consider them to be my friends and not just a mentor.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have this person I've just me. In the 4 days she was allways positive and full of life. It has encouraged my to try and look on the bright side.

5. Caleb2001

My older brother. He always does things and includes me and sometimes some of my friends. Like going to the lake, camping, like that. Plus he has always looked after me. Told me if anyone ever gives me grief just to tell him. He plays football, rides motorcycles, and is in college. He has a Mustang like the one in my ava that I love. He never treats me like some of my friends older brothers. Never picks on me or lets his friends. I just hope I can be like him when I am in college. If and when I ever come out I think he will be the one I tell first.

6. Nikky DoUrden

Many people along the way.

One I want to mention is Einstein, for his creative thinking and sticking to his truth :slight_smile:

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nobody and everybody. Well, not exactly everybody.

I don't try to pattern myself after or emulate any specific person, or I wouldn't be me. However, there are qualities in and accomplishments of others I admire that I either can or cannot do.

8. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I honestly can say I don't think of anyone as a role model but I do use certain people as motivation, in any field.

9. Kat 5

Morgan Freeman. No reason.

I look up to one of my teachers. Frau Anderson is the best person in the world. She hosts the gsa at my school.

10. katwat

It might sound backwards but I really look up to and admire my daughter. She is so smart and courageous. She has always been very thoughtful and when she feels she is right she never hesitates to state her position. She very creative and explores all her interests with gusto. When she loves something she gets so enthusiastic over it. She writes, draws, creates special effects and just "normal" makeup, does crafts, and all kinds of other things and is magnificent at all of it.

She wears clothes and makeup that makes her happy and does not mind when she gets looks of shock from strangers. She got stopped in a store by a man today that questioned her outfit and makeup. He asked if she was going to some kind of costume party or something and when she told him she just like dressing that way for town he asked "is this that Goth thing?" She told him yes and then he kept asking questions about "what is Goth?" "do you hate religion?" and all kinds of other things. She answered all his questions and by the time she was done he actually thanked her for helping him learn something new. I would never have had her courage to be myself in public. I would never have had the confidence or the patience to calmly explain the unknown to a (at first) somewhat antagonistic person so well that they would turn their opinion around.

Yup, I look up to my kid. LOL and since she is half a foot taller than me I LOOK UP to her as well.

11. Iowan1976

Personally in my life, I do not have a specific person that I look up to. As a closeted gay person, I look up to Neil Patrick Harris. I would love to have a personal life like him someday. He is an inspiration for me. :slight_smile:

12. Stripe101

Everyone.

I'm really short.

[​IMG]

13. Simple Thoughts

I don't really think I have any kind of idol. =/

I don't know if I maybe used to have an idol, but I know at this point in my life. As far back as my memory goes even I've never really had an idol. I've never really felt like I've had anyone to look up to. As far as all the things an idol instills in a person goes I've always been pretty much self-reliant. I stumbled around in the dark for years and wound up barely managing to cling onto a few things that fit me eventually...and here I am ^^

14. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

My friend Tina. Although I don't look at her anywhere now because I never see her anymore. :frowning2:

15. Simple Thoughts

Aw *hugs*

16. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

(*hug*)

17. changetheworld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I look up to my uncle because I see a lot of myself in him. He's really laid-back and doesn't follow anything mainstream. I also have a friend that is a couple of years older than me who I've just recently started to look up to. Even though we don't get to see each other very often she's like my older sister. I really admire how bright and positive she is and her attitude towards life in general.

18. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My professors. Steve Irwin for his bold dedication. The wolves for their honesty and serenity. Robert F. Kennedy for his compassion, intellect and fierce devotion to doing what is morally right.

19. leer

have to say mum&dad to meany reasons .

20. Hexagon

Um... I honestly can't think of anyone.