1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlikely allies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Apr 4, 2014.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever found an unlikely ally when coming out? Someone you expected to react badly, who reacted really well and offered support?

I can think of two people - a former colleague who I clashed with often due to really outspoken conservative views and my first boyfriends Father, who was a naval officer. Both were really good.

2. IsThisAName

My dad, definitely. He's said some things here and there that have been a little offensive, but for the most part he's been extremely accepting of my sister and I. He even said he'd be more comfortable with one of us being with a girl than a guy because he doesn't trust guys as much. That one really surprised me. He's a bit too supportive though, hahaha, he'll try to talk to us about girls and stuff and who's hot and who's not. My sister's okay with it but I find it pretty creepy :lol:

3. Yosia

One person in my friendship group used to say quite bad things but he has been the most supportive out of my whole group ^.^