1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have changes since...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Lukas17

When did you notice that you're gay and admit it to yourself, and also what have changed in your life in general since then, specially when we talk about religion and about that something could happen to you just because that's you? :icon_bigg

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been much happier and comfortable in my own skin. It almost feels like now I feel like I can't be my full self around people I'm not out to, even though I don't act much differently with people once I tell them.

I've also been much more outspoken in my support of LGBT rights in general, although I've always been a supporter of LGBT rights and generally politically liberal, so it's not totally out of left field.

3. IsThisAName

I think it's been pretty difficult in some aspects, but when I think about how far I've come--from completely suppressing my attraction to women, to finally noticing it but still denying it and claiming I'm straight, to considering that I may be gay--I'm proud of how far I've come. It's hard questioning your sexuality and trying to figure it out. Really hard. But I think I feel like I know myself better now, and I feel a bit more confident now.

I've also gotten a lot more outspoken about LGBT rights and always share things on Facebook that are LGBT related--to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if people knew by now that I'm not straight. I've also decided to dedicate my life to LGBT rights and become a counselor/advocate for LGBT youth once I get my psych degree, so that's a big change. I wanted to just be a professor before.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've learned to try not to judge people and see them for who they really are. I've definetly become more open minded as well.

5. musicrebel

I've been happier and it's also helped me discover more about myself that I didn't know. I felt like I could open up to people more and reveal my true self.

6. biggayguy

I'm more liberal in both politics and religion. To most of you I still seem pretty conservative. However before I accepted being gay I was the typical WASP. Now I'm libertarian and attend Anglican Mass. Freedom to be myself in many ways.

7. anaisninja

I've been noticing I'm more comfortable around groups of lesbians. I used to feel like I didn't belong, like I was just a "tourist" or something. Now I feel like this is my tribe and I belong here.

I've been wanting to spend less time with my straight friends and focus on being and doing with other women like me. I'm an older, late bloomer, so there is a sense of urgency and wanting to not waste time.

8. IsThisAName

Oh, and I flirt with girls a lot more. That's a big one. :lol:

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been much more happier, I'm more apt to speak more when I have an opinion as opposed to just keeping quiet. In terms of religion, I can tell I've become more plugged in to the bible in terms of reading into Scripture and deduce what it actually means instead of just taking everything people say to be true i.e., free thinker. I'm definitely more apt to think of each person as their own unique being.

10. Foxface

I have been so darn comfortable with myself now...it feels amazing to be me

11. 101DeadRoses

I have discovered many faults with myself and others, and have changed mine. I've become more cautious but less worried what people think of me. I judge much less now (I figured out that it's their bodies, their life and their choice) and I care more about the people around me than ever before, especially my parents because they were more disturbed that I was having sexual feelings at all than I was having Bisexual feelings.

I also discovered Goth since then and that many Goths are LGBT and that they are mostly nice people. :slight_smile: