1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animals can do it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skyline, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Skyline

So, certain kinds of frogs, slugs, fish, and other animals can change their gender based on the situation that they are in. I just recently read that when the female in a group of Clownfish dies, the dominate male will transform into a female to assume the reproductive role (there are more than one male in each group, so they will get busy with the new female). And I'm pretty sure some types of frogs can pretty much change their gender if they meet a same-sex frog and no other frogs are around.

Humans can gender-change too, as we are learning. It may be a long while before medial science advances enough to make changing our bodies as easy and seamless as other animals do, but we're already part way there. And the mental desire to do it is also there. Many trans people feel deep down that their bodies do not match up with what gender they should be--maybe this is exactly how those animals feel when their time to change comes.

All I'm saying is, animals are proof that it's a normal thing. The next time your explaining transgender issues to someone (if that someone listens to science and reasoning) try using the animal kingdom as an example of why it's a common fact of life. People try to alienate these things, but it's really nothing new.

The same can be said for sexual orientation I think. The only reason I didn't mention that is because my own personal issues is with gender identity, not attraction. So, feel free to add your own thoughts on homosexual and/or bisexual behavior to this thread. I know I've heard about homosexual activity in animals before, but I haven't the time to look it up right now.

Chat away!

2. That is a very good way of explaining it!

3. Nikky DoUrden

4. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]
    About a quarter of all these beautiful creatures are gay :slight_smile:

5. Au.Quicksilver

I want to see that too. Some religious people really put themselves in a corner.

6. Skyline

They always seem to come up with some half-baked comeback that satisfies them back leaves us confused as to how they think they dodged the question when really they didn't answer it at all. At least, that's been my experience.

7. Karabeara

That's awesome for anything a human does you can usually find an animal doing it. We are animals after all. :grin:

8. Skyline

I tried to hit like on your post but then I remembered I wasn't on facebook. :lol:

But yes! That's exactly right! We're all just another animal.

9. kem

kem

The things animals do never cease to amaze me.

But, I just have to point out that whether deviation from the cis-heterosexual norm is natural or not has no relevance whatsoever. Almost everything that makes us human is essentially unnatural. We feel empathy. We suppress our instincts and trust our reason. Our mating preferences have effectively eliminated natural selection in humans. To be moral is to be unnatural, so, looking for the moral right in nature is nonsensical. Having countless examples of gender-changing and gender fluidity in nature is cool, but we shouldn't be basing what ought be on what is.

10. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

A lot of these beautiful animals will be going to hell, also. :icon_wink

[​IMG]