1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmare

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artist92, Apr 6, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I get scared very easily, but my dream the other night still has me afraid. I dreamed that I was riding with my Dad in the family van. For some reason, I was in the backseat and it was late. I decided to take a little nap. But I woke up (From the sleep within the dream) when I felt the van abruptly stop. Dad looked at me for a while, and then handed me his cell phone. He told me "Call the police". I was scared and asked why, but he just looked at me. I got out of the van, to see if I could find out what was wrong, but then I saw it. On the side of the road, my body was laying in a ditch, with a tree branch impaled through my chest. I freaked out seeing my own corpse like that. I ran back to the van, to ask what was going on. But when I turned around, the van was gone, and my truck was in the middle of the road with a tree branch jutting throughout the windshield. I woke up right then, but I haven't slept well since. Does it mean anything, and why would I dream about something like that? I don't watch horror films, but somehow my mind came up with this. :icon_sad:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It probably doesn't mean anything, last I checked nobody has proved that dreams have a specific 'meaning', I think the closest you can get is saying that certain themes will come up if they are already in your head.

Scared of screwing something up, or rather being screwed by someone else?

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably doesn't mean anything, since as far as I know, dreams are just the ratty remnants of thoughts you have during the day. But out-of-body type-experiences are always freaky.

4. 101DeadRoses

I'm not sure about that either. I once had a dream that I was trying to keep a fox away from my chickens and that he somehow managed to rip my throat out.

Most of the time, nightmares in which you die or are dead mean you are afraid of messing something up, or doing or saying the wrong thing.

5. Nikky DoUrden

I believe dreams have couple of ways to interpret, but whats important to keep in mind is that everything u dream about happens in your own mind, and you can research for why u dream of that kind of thing, maybe you're worried about something, or maybe during the day something disturbed you and in the dream your mind try to sort it out.

Of course, it could just be an interpertation of your fears and nothing more :slight_smile:
    I even read before that some believe nightmares come so our mind will "prepare" us for the mental intimidation of the horrors in the dream rather than in real life.

6. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks y'all. It minty worries me because, Ive had dreams like this before. Within the last month I've had 3 dreams involving me seeing my dead body. And its never from natural causes, once I was shot, and the other time I only found my decapitated body, and my head wasn't anywhere to be found. Im scared to close my eyes. I need my Boyfriend, but he's hours away.

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since these sort of dreams are recurrent, I'd pay more attention to them.

There's this awesome dream interpretation website (there's also an app for it) called dream moods. I visit it quite because I often have vivid dreams that freak me out as well.

Here's the link http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/death-dream-symbols.htm

I hope this helps and gives you a peace of mind. Also, I think it is better to search for dream symbols more specifically (being shot, decapitation etc.) Just play around with the different dream symbols and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

#7 pinklov3ly, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014