1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal first date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QueerQueen, Apr 6, 2014.

1. QueerQueen

I guess the title is enough said, but I'm interested in hearing what people think a good first date is. I have been on ones with guys way back when, but haven't really been on one with a girl.. well not technically it was more like you like me I like you come to this thing with me I'll pay for your ticket.. maybe that was a date.. idk either way it wasn't a very good experience, I was awkward. Also do you kiss on the first date?.. if you end up liking him/her?

2. Hexagon

I've never been on one before, so I'm no expert. I'd be happy with a movie plus dinner, but I suppose an ideal date might be a bit more interesting and a little less traditional. Maybe a museum, or (yes, I'm weird) a lecture on a topic we share interest in or (yes, I'm terribly weird) a trip to either a mountain or a forest.

As for kissing, I'm up for it, I guess. Though I imagine I'd be anxious about that.

3. thekillingmoon

I only had very casual "dates" with women as well. Like going to see a movie and then walking around town and talking. I don't mind actually. I prefer to take things slow and establish a connection, not rush into physical intimacy.

About kissing, it's up to you and the other person and how comfortable you are with each other. I wouldn't kiss on the first date (assuming this is the first time you meet face to face), a goodbye hug would be ok though.

4. difficultlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i don't have the experience with dates but an ideal date for me could be as simple as spending the day at the beach and having a picnic there. im not much for extravagant boring dates. i like excitement so id enjoy an unconventional date. for kissing on the first date i think it depends on the moment.

5. AlamoCity

I have no clue because I've never been on a first date, but I suppose dinner and movie would be nice, like Hexagon said.

Also, taking a stroll in the River Walk is pretty good; then, having dinner in an outdoor restaurant next to the river a nice way to end/start the evening.

6. IsThisAName

I haven't been on a date since I was like, 16 or 17, and I've only been on a handful of dates with guys, no girls yet. With guys it was always dinner and a movie, meeting up for lunch, hanging out at the mall, blah blah.

I'd like to think that with a girl I would do something more fun/less predictable than that. My town is really artsy and has a lot of cute shops so we'd probably hang out in that area of town and see all the cool stuff there. There's lots of music shops so I'd probably take her in there and show off my skills on guitar, bass, ukulele and basically any other stringed instrument. And maybe go to a hookah bar afterwards.

I haven't had my first kiss yet, so whenever it happens, it happens. I wouldn't be opposed to kissing on the first date if we both seem really into each other.

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ideal first date would be something sort of relaxing where I could get to know the girl I was on a date with. For example I think a nice picnic in the park would be perfect for a first date. It's relaxing, quite, and yet you can talk and get to know each other.

As for kissing on a first date, I don't have a problem with it. As long as we are both into each other I see no problem with it.

8. awesomeness

I LOVE going to the movies, so that would be the ideal first date. Plus it's simple and relaxing. And yes, I kiss on first dates if I like the guy.

9. Yosia

Im okay with movies too!! But my ideal is quite fairytale XD

I would love to have a really fun day out with my new prince and then they literally sweep me off my feet and pick me up and then kiss me~ I am getting married to the first person who does this! XD

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

VIDEO GAMES AND MOVIES on my living room couch til 5am~

11. BornAnew

Going on a coastal walk or a beach on a sunny day (this can be exchanged for a river walk if the location doesn't have a sea) near the evening time then maybe spending time at a fair/circus! Then dinner at a nice place!

Honestly don't know though, my mind changes all the time. At the end of the day the ideal first date will be made by the person more than anything else. If they can make even the most mediocre place seem really fun then it's gonna be an ideal first date! :slight_smile:

12. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I think I agree with movies and just relaxing. But talking would be nice, too.
    Maybe listening to music, just sitting there and listening.:slight_smile:
    And if the weather is nice going for a walk

#12 CharlsOn, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  13. Yosia

This is what i mean by really fun day!! <3

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would depend on how well I knew them before hand.

Personally I find the movies to be a really bad date choice. You could argue I've been on 2 dates to the movies (although 1 of them might not count 'cause I don't think the other girl thought it was a date). The first time my girlfriend wanted to kiss. I didn't want to kiss, I wanted to watch WILD HOGS. The second time, the girl I was with distracted me from the movie. It was a choice between watch AVATAR or think about how pretty the girl was...avatar failed to impress at that stage xD

Personally I would prefer to go for a meal at like...Pizza Hut or something, because we can eat in the restaurant, but I know what food I like and things, so it's nice and easy. Then I don't have to worry about food and I can concentrate on the person. Plus I have pizza!

15. BornAnew

haha hope I can have that day with someone at some point!

16. 101DeadRoses

I guess just going out to Mcdonald's or somewhere of the sort would be nice (definitely not taco bell, that's for when you are alone and have time to kill in the bathroom...) If she/he didn't want to eat, we could go out to the park and talk a while; DEFINITELY nothing fancy.

17. Caleb2001

I'd love for my first kiss to be on a date, doing something we both like and then being together after, just us alone!

18. timo

Going to the movies on a first date is the worst idea EVER – you sit and watch, but can't really talk to the other person to get to know them. Better save this for the 3rd or 4th or 732nd date and just make out during the entire film :grin: For a first date, I prefer meeting up for a drink somewhere to see if you like the person enough to actually spend more time with them than the 20 minutes it takes to drink coffee together.

Or, the last date I went on was taking a walk through the loveliest parts of the city. Decided to have dinner together too, because we had a good time. We kissed when I had to leave to catch my train. After that, we texted for a few more days until the whole thing bled dry. I never saw him again.

19. Turkishtowel

I think my ideal date would be a stroll in the park or anywhere really. I think it would be the best way to get to know each other and it's also important to see if it's somebody you can talk to for a long time.
    I agree with many of the posts above that movies aren't really good cause you can't really talk to that person.
    As for a kiss, I really don't know. If the time comes and I want to then I guess yes.

20. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would love to go to a park and hang out or go to the movies.