1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a clutz?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

I am.
    Ever fallen up the stairs?

Its painful and funny at the same time. Lol.

What are some funny stories that you have about having a clutzy moment.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used the word "klutz" in a thread about a month ago...and I think three people asked me what it meant. I was shocked - I figured that word was firmly entrenched in our language by now. :slight_smile:

How klutzy am I?

Empty out an airplane hangar.
    Put ONE thing on the floor. Like a brick or a suitcase or something.
    Put me at the other end.
    Within 60 seconds, I will have tripped over the item on the floor.
    Guaranteed.

Last week, I tripped over the same item three times.
    Within THREE SECONDS.
    I tripped over it, so stepped back and tried to step over it. I caught my foot on it again, so I pulled it back, and tried again to lift my foot over it. Again, I failed. I tripped over it again, and finally just tripped and fell down.
    The guy next to me watched it happen...and admitted he had NEVER seen a less graceful display. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Arrk

I break dishes on a daily basis. (Not purposely, like I sometimes do, though).

I'm not much of a klutz but I DO embarrass myself verbally all the time. :[
    I get tongue twisted when I talk excitedly.

4. berileos

berileos Guest

I fell down the stairs too,but I caused it:rolleyes:
    I am clumsy enough to slip on a road when there is no ice...happened to me few times:icon_redf

5. Mind Freak

Lol.
    I trip over curbs.

I'll make a mental note to life my foot higher.

And then proceed to trip on it. Lol.

Oh. And a couple weekends ago I was at an outdoor mall and I was crossing the street and a really nice car drove up behind me.

So I turned around and yelled "I LOVE YOUR CAR!" and then I looked forward tripped over the curb and ran into a stop sign. Lol.

6. i am definately a clutz.
    i trip over my own feet at least once a day, hahha.
    i was walking earlier today and ran into a door way twice...in a row lol.
    yea so i am pretty clumsy. hahha

7. Mind Freak

Lol.
    Was it a glass door?

Some of them are too clean so it looks like nothing's there and then BAM!

You've just eaten glass. Lol.

8. Hydrogen

Just the other day I was getting out of the car, but didn't realize I had my seat belt still around my left shoulder.... as I got out the seat belt pulled me back down where I lost my balance and smacked head first into the side of the car. That was fun.

I have also dropped my apartment key down a storm drain, and had to have the locks changed because I couldn't reach it when trying to get it back.

9. Defraction

I think I've walked into the door or doorframe more than actually through it.

If I succeed, I've got about a 40% chance I'll scrape my arm off of the metal bit where the door handley thing goes into. Maybe my house is a deathtrap... but I can't be arsed mentioning the other things that make me a klutz. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. lol nope it was like a standard wooden door hahhha i thought i had the handle twisted so i like started walking and BAM i hit the door lol

11. Hydrogen

Oh, I remembered.. When my friend was getting married, I was in the hotel getting ready and was running late, as I ran out the door, the handle grabbed my pant's pocket, and ripped the pants all down the right side...

12. musicgirl112233

One of my friends dropped her phone in a storm drain and the fire departmant had to come get it out.
    I'm such a clutz i walked into a heater...I still have the scar.

13. musicXowl

i break anything thats glass

14. Tim

Tim

Well lets see, yesterday...

I fell over my cats. 5 Times.
    Fell over the broom. 6 Times.
    Fell Up the Stairs. 2 Times.
    Tripped on my own shoes. 10 times.
    Stubbed my toe on the end table. 4 times.
    Tripped and fell on the exercise machine. 13 times.

No, I'm not a klutz. *End Sarcasm* >_>

15. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I trip and fall on myself and bump into things all the time. So much that I don't even notice. I just found a small cut on my arm and I forgot where I even got it :confused:

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I have a cousin who has broken my arm on four different occassions. I'm not sure if he was the clutz or I was. Two times we were rollerskating partners and he just fell on me breaking my arm. One time we were playing on a merry-go-round and guess who falls off and breaks her arm? The worst break was when I was playing with all my boy cousins and they decided it would be a good idea to climb on top of my grandmothers' garage and jump to the seat of an old car that was below. They all did it without getting hurt. They had to coax me but I eventually jumped. That bone had to be reset under anesthesia. PAINFUL! Those all happened when I was a kid.

Later when I was a teenager, I was jogging stepped in a pothole and down I went. I broke my ankle. I had a friend at school who was on crutches too. He used to ask me to dance everytime I saw him in the hall. He was killed in a motorcycle wreck later in life. :frowning2:

Then when I was about 19, I had a little too much to drink and fell UP a short flight of stairs breaking my foot again. I went to the E.R. by myself (with a friend) because I didn't want my parents to know I was drinking. I had to chew alot of gum to get the alcohol off my breathe at the hospital. I should of known that if I can't walk when I'm sober, what makes me think I can do it drunk? :grin:

As an adult, its mainly been broken toes from dropping liters of pop/soda on them or something stupid.

So yeah............queen of clutz! That's me.

17. otc877

otc877 Guest

Oh man. I'm pretty clumsy. I fall up the stairs ALL the time. I'm constantly saying "who put that ******* there?!" usually it's a wall or doorway or something that can't be moved. Last thing I ran into was the corner of a wall by my stairs.

I tend to trip over things a lot too. But my favorite moment of my clumsiness was when I was snowboarding and I caught an edge and ended up falling backwards down the mountain. When I stopped sliding (my feed and board were pointed towards the top of the hill and my head towards the bottom) I pulled my board over my head like a backsummersault or something. Stood up and fell backwards again. Pulled my board over my head again and fell backwards yet again. Third time was the charm.

18. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always seem to trip on stairs when I'm either
    1.) Having a good day
    2.) Carrying something heavy and can possibly kill me

I dunno. It's just funny when I start going up the stairs with a long-awaited glass of water and end up tripping, worrying about the water more than me. :lol:

The worst I get is stubbing my toes into stuff. All the time. Bed legs, walls, doors, even on stuff I didn't know was there until my damn foot decided to make friends with it.

#18 Antrioss, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  19. ScentedRegrets

Oh yes! I was actually packing a wheeled carry on because I had to travel for my job, and I realized that the bag was actually ripped. So, I took another bag from the attic, but didn't put the ripped one away. I left the ripped one by the door and made a mental note to put it back when I returned.

To make a long story short, I overslept by about 20 minutes, so I was running to get everything together. I remembered my carry on being very heavy, so I bent my knees, and gave the bag a big tug. Turns out, it was the empty bag, and rather than just lifting the bag, I sent it through our hallway wall. Try explaining that to my father. I tried to laugh it off... "guess I am much stronger than I think, ha ha ha." Then I am told that I will be painting and patching a wall when I return.

Another thing I do a lot is run down the steps, and when I get to the bottom, I frequently think there is one more step. So then I get to enjoy the sensation of having my knee hit my chest. Haven't fallen yet, though.

20. Mind Freak

Lol ^
    That's pretty funny.

Me and my step brother were wrestling one day and he pushed me and my butt punched a hole in the wall.

Lol. It wasn't a little hole it was the size of my backside.

My step dad was PEEVED but he got it fixed and we didn't get in trouble. Lol.