1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Weird facts.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 101DeadRoses, Apr 7, 2014.

1. 101DeadRoses

This is not quite a game so...

Go ahead and list ten weird facts about you that most people wouldn't know (don't post anything personal if you don't want to.)

I'll start:

1: I LOVE Voltaire.
    2: I'm a Goth, but I don't listen to Goth music very much: I prefer Metal, funk, and disco. Yes disco. Mostly from the "Mamma Mia" soundtrack, but some others make it on there.
    3: I really don't care if you don't approve of me. I honestly don't.
    4: I have a small army of chickens outside right now.
    5: I have a pet Bluejay, and no, I did not take her from her nest. She got hurt, and my cats were about to eat her, so my Mom rescued her, and she eventually got so spoiled, she wouldn't survive outside. (Her name is Thump, by the way, because she continually pulls out her feathers, falls on them, etc, and cannot fly well.)
    6: I have a three dogs, two big ones and a little one. My nickname for the little one is "Muppet."
    7: I may be addicted to chocolate milk.
    8:I love crafting and art, but I am hideously bad at it.
    9: I am wearing a corset right now. Yes, I have actual clothes on, and yes I plan on wearing this in public.
    10: I am admittedly a large girl, and always will be. I love my body and wouldn't change it for anyone but me. I love my curves, and curvy girls (FYI curvy does not mean fat. It means hips, thighs, breasts, a big juicy booty, and enough padding to ensure the bones do not show through.) Curvy girls ROCK!!

Ok, go ahead :smilewave

2. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

1. Dislikes most things mainstream, geeky and nerdy. Probably come across as hating everything. :lol: I sincerely do I have my passions, though, I promise!
    2. At my strongest, after months of working out intensely every other day, including cardio, calisthenics and weight, I was able to press 80lbs. That was about 2/3 my body weight. :lol:
    3. I looooooooove seafood. Love the crap (no pun intended) out of it. I could probably eat it almost every day I love it that much.
    4. I'm exceptionally sensitive and hurt very easily (both physically and emotionally). I vividly recall and can summon feelings of hurt and humiliation I suffered decades ago.
    5. I very seldom drank alcohol in any variety prior to this past summer. Now I can hardly stand to go a day without at least a beer. (Self-medication is medicating.)
    6. I have a violent revulsion to cigarette smoke. I seriously fucking can't stand to be around it and wish cigarettes would disappear from the earth. (I still support smoker's rights to smoke on private property, though.)
    7. I am constantly, perpetually preoccupied with hypocrisy and cowardice. These two faults are, for me, the most unforgivable of those cherished by the human race. I seriously endeavor in everything I do to never be hypocritical or cowardly (think I do pretty good, too).
    8. I suffer from a condition known as essential tremors, which means my hands and extremities perpetually shake. That hasn't stopped me from being a published and even somewhat laureled hand-illustrator.
    9. I too am wearing a corset right now. :grin: Mine is quality leather with boning and, up until recently, has done an excellent job of helping to shape my torso into a more feminine silhouette. (I'm now too slender for it and need to purchase a size smaller.)
    10. I primarily build websites for a living, even though I am quite technologically-challenged in certain respects. Paraphrasing Linus van Pelt, if you're smart enough, you don't have to be smart. :lol:

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I love rap and hip hop. In fact I'm probably the biggest outcast from EC for that reason alone... Well at least musically.
    2. Related to that I love things that are mainstream, particularly people like Drake, Lil Wayne, etc. The ones hip hop snobs hate.
    3. I agree about seafood. I could give up all land based meats if I could have seafood in place.
    4. I'm a black belt in karate.
    5. I have two masters degrees.
    6. I'm descended from a witch.
    7. I've probably spent more money on magic the gathering than some people have on a used car.
    8. Persona 3 changed my life. It resulted in #4 directly. Ask me to elaborate if you want on how a video game can change someone's life.
    9. Been playing video games at least 25 years now.
    10. I've never actually verbalized that I'm in the transgender spectrum... To anyone. Including myself.

4. IJustWantToLove

1. I love to do sports (most people wouldn't know because I don't look like I do and I'm not really good at most sports and I have been operated on my knee twice which makes doing some sports difficult, but I still love to do sports...)
    2. I can be quite a nerd sometimes
    3. I often feel overwhelmed with life, but people don't notice 'cause I seem strong and sure of what I want
    4. I love cooking and baking as long as I don't have to do it for me alone and as long as I don't have to do the dishes afterwards
    5. I'm a scout and no we don't sell cookies
    6. I love to read. I would die without books. In my room at my parents house I actually got rid of my TV and hifi-system (I have a laptop, that's plenty after all) to make room for some more books...
    7. I get really angry when someone says something along the lines of "You can't do this/can't want this because you're a girl/women"
    8. I have no problem interacting with kids or talking in front of peers or reading something off in front of others, but I get super nervous and kinda shy if I have to give a speech in front of people who are older or wiser than I or have to get to know them or something
    9. I like to swim, but I get uncomfortable when doing so in a lake or a sea (basically everywhere where I don't know what's beneath me...)
    10. I find it reeeeeally hard to list 10 facts about me

5. Axxel

Axxel Guest

1. There is a blatant divide between my upper and lower body. I have very little fat or muscle tone on my upper body - my ribs are visible, my wrists are tiny, I look a bit like I don't eat enough. Then I have gigantic hips, a big bubble butt and the most muscular legs you've ever seen on an otherwise scrawny desk jockey. Seriously, Holy lifter's legs Batman. This means that, no matter how hard I train my upper body, I am the poster child for 'every day is leg day'.
    2. When I picture my soul as a literal objects I always imagine green. Curiously, my eyes turn this colour depending upon my mood, when they are ordinarily very dark.
    3. I have a long-hair thing. I hesitate to call it a fetish, because I don't think it's that extreme, but if someone has long hair they're guaranteed a second glance regardless of any other variable.
    4. I'm capable of imagining any inanimate object to have feelings if I let myself slip into a sentimental state. This means I can go years at a time without throwing anything out, then have a day of ruthlessness where I sell everything and start over again.
    5. I have a teddy bear that I got from my grandfather 17 years ago. He's still in pristine condition. Apparently I was always very cautious with my toys as a child and used to give them elaborate back stories and personalities.
    6. I come up with the plots for the majority of my novels by running back and forth around my house. My imaginative powers decrease significantly when I'm stationary.
    7. I use a lot of obscure quotes from movies and books which I haven't encountered by myself but have inherited from my family.
    8. Every single person that's left me has done so for a redhead. I now have an irrational fear that all people with red hair are plotting against me, and will glare at sales assistants, acquaintances and people on the street who are 'looking at me suspiciously'.
    9. I have incredibly high levels of testosterone naturally, despite being born with a female reproductive system. I follow an estrogenic diet to balance things out a bit.
    10. My voice has been described as both 'the most common scum on Earth' and 'something right out of Downtown Abbey.' I genuinely have no idea anymore.

6. justjade

1. Sorry, guys, but I do not like Starbucks. I find their beverages unimpressive and overpriced.
    2. I don't drink pop. I haven't for years, and I don't miss it.
    3. In fact, I'll tell you how unhealthy pop is for you....while I light up a cigarette that I rolled myself. Oh, the irony. :lol:
    4. I have a rare condition called vertical diplopia. I have vertical double vision because of my lazy eye. This means the lens of my glasses over my left eye is very thick at the bottom. For obvious reasons, contacts cannot be made in this prescription. And oddly enough, my right eye is 20/20. I seriously wear glasses because one of my eyes is really fucked up.
    5. I like to look at pictures of vegan, vegetarian, or raw food on the internet....while I'm eating.
    6. I am an artist, but if I were doing it professionally, I would actually be starving. I haven't done any serious work in at least a year.
    7. I love doing things that I'm horrible at, like playing Halo, dancing, playing tennis, attending college....
    8. The only cars I've ever owned have been '94 Mercury vehicles, the first being a Topaz, the second being a Sable. I totaled the first one, and I'm pretty sure being rear ended recently is going to cause my second one to be totaled out, too.
    9. I have two screws in my ankle. I was in a car accident a few years ago in which the ball of my ankle snapped completely off. That's how I totaled my first car.
    10. The things I do are completely normal to me (for the most part), but other people find them unusual. I'm not really sure what's actually, legitimately unusual and what's not, so when giving weird facts about myself, I go with the ones that I don't find to be common with the people around me. Yeah, I drink coconut water and green juice, like to walk instead of drive if the place I'm going is close enough, and like to listen to old music. I don't think that's weird, but a lot of people do, I guess.

7. Sitri

1. None of these are about me.
    2. The product of resistance and capacitance is time
    3. Blue and yellow light make white
    4. Melbourne was founded by Batman
    5. George Washington invented instant coffee
    6. Nicolas Cage named his son after Superman's father
    7. Croissants were invented in Austria
    8. There is no such thing as centrifugal force
    9. Light vibrates in every plane (unless polarized)
    10. One of these is not a fact.

8. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I knew croissants were actually invented in my great-grandma's kitchen!

9. Cass

1. I am overly obsessed with Dr Who.
    2. I love all kinds of music.
    3. I love animals, but i cant bring myself to go vegetarian
    4. I am a huge procrastinator
    5. I have never dated a girl
    6. I love batman, as well as other super hero stuff.
    7. I love to play videogames
    8. I care way too much.
    9. I used to live in England
    10. I resent my father

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (1) I have been in love with the (written) works of J.R.R. Tolkien since I was 10 years old. They just don't get old on me.

(2) My partner and I had 2 pet rats a few years ago, and they were very affectionate and well-loved pets.

(3) I grew up with 3 dogs and 3 cats, but since my partner has allergies, our rats were the only pets we've ever had in nearly 28 years together *boo hoo*.

(4) I am a Witch.

(5) I adore single malt Scotch whisky; we bicycled through the Speyside region in Scotland to visit various distilleries.

(6) I play the tuba, and bought one of my own many years ago.

(7) I hold the title Mistress of Drinks, Soups, Stews, Sauces, and Condiments...for very good reasons.

(8) I love games: word games, board games, card games, role-playing games, strategy games...*sigh*, yes, even videogames, albeit with some reluctance.

(9) I have a sister 2 years older than I am, who is practically my exact opposite...and certainly none of these things are true about her.

(10) Because my sister and I grew apart when we were still young, I would create games to play by myself, using graph paper, and small tokens. I would try to simulate the movement of the pieces I wasn't controlling randomly, using dice, but in ways that would feel realistic and strategic. Thirty years later it hit me that what I was creating was videogames with artificial intelligence...but a good 10 years before computers were a household item.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need to change my #10. Because it isn't true anymore.

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do believe this counts.

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2014 at 09:59 PM ----------

Wow...great minds think alike, eh Kasey?

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) I have different coloured eyes, but they both look blue/grey from a distance. My left eye is evenly split between blue and green diagonally, and my right eye is blue with yellow streaks and a red corner.

2) I taught myself five musical instruments, but got bored with all but one

3) My normal method of procrastination is to study for another class, to minimise guilt

4) I sound Irish when nervous

5) I went from borderline addiction to strategy games to not finding any fun in them

6) I love collecting various sources of gossip, comparing them to the subject, and trying to get the truth from that. But I hate saying gossip or using it against people.

7) I detest alcohol in all ways apart from disinfectant uses.

8) My record for procrastinating on a task is five months

9) I read War and Peace three times in one year

10) I obsessively overthink situations to the point where I overthink about overthinking the situation

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2014 at 02:04 PM ----------

:grin: That's great!

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea but like I said about 30 minutes ago that wasn't true any longer for me.

15. Sitri

One of mine isn't true... mostly because I ran out of things to say, but massive personal achievement is less a fact and more of a ... massive personal achievement... I'm bad at english.

16. Jonathan

1.) I had to go to speech classes all through elementary school because of a speech impediment. I'm better now than I was, but I still have difficultly pronouncing R's.

2.) I graduated as #7 (academically) in my high school class of around 400 people.

3.) I am completely and utterly addicted to Pepsi. I can't go a single day without one.

4.) I've suffered from migraines for the majority of my life. Sometimes they hurt to the point where I have to lay down in a quiet pitch black room and can't function.

5.) I can't stand to fail or to feel inferior to others (insecure perfectionist).

6.) I have read some of the same fantasy novels at least ten times. Obviously, not a in a row; however, I rotate between series after not reading them for a period time. I still enjoy reading them and it relaxes me.

7.) I am incredibly indecisive. I changed my career goal about four times while in college.

8.) The only thing I'm optimistic about is pessimism.

9.) I was given an achievement award by the Foreign Language Department in high school for my work in learning German.

10.) I have a sentimental attachment to the Zelda games because of a summer I spent in the basement watching my brother beat Orcarina of Time.

17. katwat

1. This is the happiest time of my life.

2. I love that I have my three favorite people right HERE with me all the time and really don't deal much with other people at all.

3. I have an addictive personality but I channel it into positive (usually) things instead of drugs or alcohol or something like that.

4. I am terrified of how little use I have of my hands now and what that means for the future.

5. I keep trying to write down my memories of childhood (because my kiddo asked me to) but I usually get scared over what will happen when I rethink some of the worst moments. They can make me violently angry or exceedingly depressed and I don't want to feel that way any more if I can avoid it.

6. If I had the money to do it I would buy an entire mountain, build a giant fence/wall around it, hollow out a huge cavern within it, build a house on the side of it with a hidden entrance to the giant cavern, and I would move myself, my 3 people, and all my critters there and would pay to have supplies dropped in by planes that were only allowed to fly over and never land. I would be content 98% of the time to go nowhere else or see anyone else.

7. I am always behind on something. Right now I am behind on grading kiddo's school work and keeping her school records; spring coop chores; yard projects; yard sale prep; organizing vhs & dvds; spring purchases of replacements of things that broke over the past year; and the list could go on.

8. Right now I have shooting pains in my right hand.

9. I have to flip my head to one side before sitting down to keep from sitting on my hair.

10. I have about a dozen grey hairs but will never dye my hair no matter how much grey I get since the last time I dyed my hair I killed it so much I had to chop it all off. It took a year to grow out from roots to chin length (to cut out the rest of the dead) and another year to grow to the middle of my back where it had been before dying.

18. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but you said that 2 minutes before I did...effectively while I was posting it. :slight_smile:

Regardless, congratulations...that's a serious milestone!

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's all a blur honestly but thanks for the support. I need to go see if I can get to sleep...

20. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. I think I have OCD, and yet my apartment often is like a pigsty. Right now, I have three bowls and a plate on the left side of my bed.

2. I made a mistake of not properly citing references (I tried using a single citation for multiple sentences) in my 10th grade English class, which got me in trouble and also ineligible for the school's National Honor Society chapter (though, somehow I managed to get an A in the class even with a 50% for the assignment). That was a huge shame for me, but it did make me a lot more careful about potential plagiarism to this day. I also managed to be one of my school's valedictorians.

3. I have never had a "real job" outside of doing research. I managed to get all of my schooling paid through scholarships (now a fellowship), so I've never paid for tuition.

4. I am a science graduate student now, but in my first semester in college, I was an architecture student. I actually liked it and was one of the better students in terms of drawing and crafting skills, but the grading scheme was way too subjective for me.

5. I wear glasses from my nearsightedness, but my left eye is quite a bit worse than the right. When I was in elementary school, one day me and some other kids waiting at a bus stop were playing around and trying to kick pieces of asphalt from the road. Unfortunately, one of those pieces hit my left eye. I think that's the reason my left eye needs a stronger vision correction.

6. When I was young, I was really afraid of the dark and would sit on the floor in the kitchen while my mom washed the dishes. I didn't want to go to my room by myself. For some reason, the scariest monsters to me were vampires, especially since they were associated with darkness. Yet, when I got a little older, I got the courage to read Bram Stoker's Dracula, and though I liked it, it was scary to think Dracula could come through just mist.

7. I took approximately the same free elective classes every year from middle school onward: art, journalism, and band (and later orchestra). This may explain why I was interested in architecture.

8. I never drove until the end of my senior year (often staying late if I had some after-school activity waiting for a ride from my parents), and then I started driving every day to college. I would use my parents' cars to commute, one of which was the same age as me, and another which my dad bought when he was a student back in the 70s. I used to joke that even though we had three cars, it was more like one and a half because inevitably one of these old cars would be at the mechanic shop, and the other one would be barely getting by.

9. I can't swim, even though I spent one summer with my cousins who lived in the same neighborhood. They had a pool, so every day we would "go swimming", which for me meant floating around in an inflatable tube, basically a giant black donut.

Incidentally, like what Jonathan mentioned, the older cousin was also playing Ocarina of Time, and me and the younger cousin could only watch or play some of the lower levels. When I got a gameboy color and Pokemon (Red, I think?), the older cousin played on it so well that I continued on it, so my character's name is my cousin's name, lol.

10. I'm a dinosaur fanatic. In 1st grade, I said I wanted to be a paleontologist, which often meant spelling the word in addition to explaining what it meant. I loved drawing dinosaurs, making dinosaur "kirigami", and even reading fictional books such as Dinotopia or, my favorite, Raptor Red by Bob Bakker.