1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cockroaches :/

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Opheliac, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So this morning, at about 1:30, I woke up to find a cockroach crawling on my face.

Someone in my building recently discarded a lot of old furniture and just left it downstairs and we suspect there were cockroaches in it, because there have been a whole lot of them around lately. They don't live in the house, they come in from the window. We've asked the people who threw out the furniture to get rid of it properly but they live on the highest floor in the building where cockroaches presumably don't go, so they don't really seem to care very much.

I'm not scared of cockroaches at all but waking up in the middle of the night to sharp little legs crawling around near your mouth is so freaky!

Anyone else have strange experiences with cockroaches? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I just threw up a little.

You have my deepest sympathies.

That's a fate I'd never wish on my worst enemy Dx

My roomie told me he once took a drink out of a glass of water he'd left in the dark in the kitchen and felt something crawl around in his mouth. He spit it out, turned the lights on, and saw a big fat cockroach scurry away.

The stuff of nightmares, I tell you.

3. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

My cousin was going to make me eat one once ... but his mom said I didn't have to.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Mexico, cockroaches are called "cucarachas". They are awful, big M*****f***ers. The stuff of nightmares.

5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    They're huge here too! As big as my finger normally, and some are bigger.

6. kem

kem

ew. eeeeew. EW. That's icky. :frowning2: I feel sorry for cockroaches, they're relatively harmless creatures, but everyone hates them, myself included. I hope you can get rid of the problem

7. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

:birthday::thewave::birthday::thewave::birthday:

8. AlamoCity

We sometimes see cockroaches (I live next to a wooded lot so we get critters). If I see them, I'll spray them with Raid. Or, fun thing to do, I try to catch them with a clear cup, and spray a bit of Raid and watch the neurotoxin in action. Very fun to watch those pests squirm and die. Ok, I might have a little evil in me, haha.

9. Emulator

Well, I was called 'Roachie' for a while last time. I had to act as a cockroach in a play. Don't ask. :/

There are so many cockroaches here that sometimes after fumigation, you can see their bodies littering the ground.

10. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Actually I have another cockroach story too; where I used to live before, there was a huge cockroach problem. They lived (this is a bit disgusting) in the toaster. They weren't the huge ones though, they were the little black ones. Pest control never seemed to do much good.

But waking up with one on your face, almost in your mouth, beats even that :/

11. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Urgh! Yuck!

My ex is American and when I would visited her I nearly crapped my panties! There was a mega-cockroach in the hallway. Eeeeeek! She had to take a running jump to get over it for the vacuum and sucked the bugger up. Sooooo creeeeeeepy! We then put the vacuum in the garage and blocked the bottom of the door in case it came back to get us.

I can't stand creepy crawlies!

12. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I can't say that I do. However I live in an apartment and it's kinda in a woodsy area so during the fall/ early winter we do get some spiders that come in. Thankfully we got new owners who are going to spray before summer hits.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahahahahahaha :roflmao: I think it's time to move honey :slight_smile:

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I spot them at a distance, I'm good. Crawling on my limb? I'll be okay. Crawling on my face at night? I'd probably never want to sleep again. O.O

15. WallWeed

Oh, I'm SO sorry. That's absolutely dreadful. Eugh. *shivers* I've had a few crawl on me before, but never on my face; that makes me want to gag.

HOWEVER! I did have a fun little run in with them that was beyond bizarre. During one of the hurricanes that crashed through south Florida back in 2005 (Francis?), we had put plywood shutters up where we ran out of the metal ones. Well, after the storm passed, we open the curtains of the window with the wood, and there are HUNDREDS, I kid you not, HUNDREDS of freakin' cockroaches all congregated between the wood and the window. And there were a few white (albino?) roaches among them too, which I had never knew existed much less seen. It was bad enough trying to sleep without AC in a 98 degree house, but knowing those little guys were chillin' right outside made it a looonng two weeks.

16. person57

Cockroaches?? Ewww!!! Luckily I never had any experiences with them and I hope I never do

17. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The whole east coast is a haven for roaches, especially the farther south you go, and Baltimore is not exempt. Luckily, I've never had any bad infestations inside, just occasional ones that come in from outside in the summer, but are huge. They call them Palmetto bugs, but they're giant roaches to me...fast as Hell, scary, and when you step on 'em to squish 'em, you have to be careful, 'cause you might slip on fall on the mushy guts. I'm told these get even bigger down south.

This is among the reasons I loved northern Michigan: it was too cold for bugs of this size!

18. Joelouis

Oh stop being so silly!

They're only trying to get on with their (short) lives.
    Poor things!

19. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I'm going to petition the City of Baltimore to round up and ship every last roach to you! Enjoy :slight_smile:

20. Ravi-VIXX777

Ewww I would have sued them by now...more than once jk