1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Lukas17

Would you ever be with someone who is few years younger/older than you? We can hear a lot of comments about it :slight_smile:

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Til now it's one comment:slight_smile:
    Yeah why not, but it depends on the girl.
    I would want to be able to talk with her about certain topics:slight_smile:

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I prefer the same age or younger but she have to being mature because despite I'm young, I act like an adult man.

4. BornAnew

Yup absolutely. I'd say around 4-5 years would be the cut off for me. I guess age matters less as you get older though & the ages seem much closer.

I remember back in school, kids 2 years older seemed to be the equivalent of people 10 years older! But now if someone is 2 years older I don't really think much of it!

5. LostAndAffraid

Yeah, depending on their personality, but typically I make better friends with people 5 to 10 years older than me. I have never really even gotten along with most people my own age, but there are always exceptions to every rule.

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. My partner is slightly older, but I had a two year relationship with a guy 10 years older than me. The age difference wasn't a big issue, we parted because we both wanted different things.

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My wife was 3 and a half years younger then me. I'd say that's quite reasonable. I think personally, I would generally try to keep within 5 years either way if my age give or take a couple of years perhaps. It would have to be someone I "really" liked to consider dating outside of that range.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Obviously I can't go down too far at the moment as I'm still fairly young (above 18 though). So I couldn't have a serious relationship (have fun.. you know) with anyone much younger than me. But I don't mind the idea of it in the future. Age is just a number. I personally feel that I appear much younger compared with my actual age, so that could be one reason.

I don't think I would be interested in too many who are anymore than 6 or 7 years older than me though, as I said, I don't care about age, but they would probably find me too immature looking, if not personality wise.

9. Nikky DoUrden

A few years sure, I don't expect to find someone exactly my age :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on the ages of both. An 18 year old with a 15 year old is going to be moderately unhealthy, but a 25 year old with a 22 year old isn't going to be as bad, and a 33 year old with a 30 year old won't be a problem at all. Until I'm an adult and feel safe in calling myself mature, I won't go more than one year older or younger.

Age is just a number, but maturity isn't, and usually will be bound with age.

11. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I usually go for people older. I like to think I'm mature for my age so most people my age are like no!

12. IsThisAName

Strangely enough I tend to gravitate toward people that are a few years younger than me. I like them and then I find out they're younger. I think I'm a future cougar. :lol: But honestly with me being about to start grad school, dating someone a few years younger would be hard because we're in different stages of life. A few years older is no problem. Right now, younger is probably a no-no.

13. Bolin

Few years older, yeah. I think I'd cap the age at around 30, though.

14. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've dated someone who was six years older than me, so yeah, I would be fine with dating someone older. :lol:

I usually like people who are older than me, because that usually means that they're more mature.

15. 101DeadRoses

I think I should keep the max age difference at 4 years. It seems kind of creepy if I could already read a book by myself when someone was born.

16. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to be attracted toward older women. I dunno why.

17. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few years either way is fine except at 16 you're in an awkward place. At your age a year either way maybe, but no more.

18. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My former partner was the same age as me, but my current guy friend is 10 yrs older. At my age that isn't an issue, but it certainly would've been like 11 yrs ago. It might've been legal, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

19. juliegt6

I've gone as far out as when I was 24ish? I went out on a few days with a 41yo, but she looked really young and was a cool lady! Things didn't pan out, but oddly age wasn't why. I've dated only two years younger than me, I usually date my age our within just a few years.

20. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Younger? No. Older? Yes. Depending on their age and where they are at in their life. I tend to act older than my age so that's why I wouldn't mind dating someone who is a few years older than me.