1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female celebrities saying their bisexual to be popular or to cash in

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Apr 8, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I heard a female celeb say she's bi I don't believe her , because I think it's just a way for them to look more cool and popular to their fans , I know some are telling the truth but I just don't know who so I just take it with a grain of salt I use to believe them but I noticed that with most of them you never ever see them dating a woman they only date men and are only bisexual by name they never help out or stand up for the lgbt community except lady gaga because she was the only bisexual i saw standing up for lgbt rights or even giving a damn . Then there was another celeb Nicki minaj who said she was bi then later took it back and said she never liked women in the first place , I did hear rumors that she was lesbian though and have seen some videos before she was famous that kinda proves it might be true but I think I rather hear it in her own words . But I really don't believe most female celebs when they say their bi I just assume that it's for attention . I do believe ordinary women and men when they say they are bi but for female celebs I see it as a trend and don't take them seriously . Also I saw Jessi J said she was bi in the past and is now saying she's straight and I'm thinking maybe she was never bi to begin with and other said it to be popular and make money or her sexuality fluctuated I don't know but i think it's easier just not to take them seriously because most of them are poor examples on what it's like to be bisexual and probably contribute to the awful myths about bisexual people What do you guys think ?

#1 stocking, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Carrie brownstein is bi.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Whose Carrie brownstein ?:confused:

4. IsThisAName

Yeah I was gonna say, I definitely believe Gaga when she says she's bi. I'm a huge fan of her and I've seen her flirt with other girls in interviews before and it's soo obvious, haha.

I agree that being bi is "in" for celebrities. Orlando Bloom's ex just had an interview recently where she said she "wants to explore" and that she "appreciates women," but then she went on to say "I definitely need a man in the bedroom." Like, you're either bi or you're not, people--don't be fickle and make real bisexuals look bad, because real bisexuals know what they want, and it's not just a big fun experiment for them. Hollywood is silly.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll have to think about that one. I can say that some people love the idea of a bisexual woman because threesomes. Although I find that belief about bisexuality offensive. I've seen teenage girls and even some teenage guys pretend to be bisexual for attention. The latter mostly online. I guess the celebs get tons of attention. I can't imagine the stresses some of them feel. It's not an excuse for bad behaviour though. I can understand people make mistakes. I do, too. Yet it wouldn't kill these people to think things through. I know very well what I like. The myth of bisexual indecisiveness tends to get my nerves.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah and this is the problem I have with them because that is the message their sending out . It's like their saying I'm only bi because I'm curious but God knows I'm more into guys and I'm just curious about women like how is that bi ? I mean most bisexuals know what they want like you said but they make look like being bi is just about experimenting or a bisexual woman's relationship with other women is strictly just sexual and nothing more . It's sad I do believe not all female celebrities are faking being bi but how can I believe them when so many are faking i don't know who is lying or whose telling the truth so I just dismiss them all til I'm proven wrong

7. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like it when any one claims to be bi when they are not. It's not so bad if they are genuinely exploring their sexuality and really honestly believe they may be. But when people make this claim and then later dismiss it out of hand, just for popularity and attention, it just makes things difficult for those of us who really are as people think we are all like that . This is one of the biggest problems for the bi community, which leads to the whole bi people don't exist or are just waiting to come out gay/straight stereotypes.

To be honest though, it's not just this. I don't like it anyone pretends to be something their not, especially when it's just for attention.

Happy days :slight_smile:

8. C P

C P

Yeah.

There's a difference between bisexual and bi-curious. The former should be kept locked away until you actually feel you are for certain because curiosity doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to work out in the end.

More people should probably just say they are questioning though, rather than 'bi'- anything if they really aren't sure, because even with the -curious tacked onto the end you know how peoples' minds work; They will just see the bi(whether purposefully or not) and, should things not work out, will use that opportunity to bash and belittle actual bisexuals as well.

9. jargon

There are lots of ways to be bisexual. We aren't all attracted to men and women exactly 50/50. People always rag on women who are mostly straight coming out as bi, but if they are genuinely attracted to women - even if they have a 90/10 preference for men - that's still different than being straight. Those women should be able to talk about it, and in as much detail as possible.

I know some gay women get frustrated by bisexuals who aren't actually interested in relationships with other women. But instead of denying their attraction to women altogether, why not just encourage more open discussion of peoples' sexualities? If they can feel comfortable saying "I'm attracted to women, but I definitely need a man in the bedroom," then you know not to bother getting invested. If they're afraid that their sexuality will be challenged if they say that, that's when you're going to get lead on.

P.S., this applies to bi men just as well as women. It came up in the context of women in this thread, so that's how I framed it. For the record, I consider myself the more "traditional" 50/50 kind of bi, so I say all this more out of principle than out of self-interest.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    But that's the problem some of them aren't even curious or attracted to women at all, but say they are just to be popular and give a bad name to actual bisexual and bi curious women.

11. Foster

How would you really know if someone is lying about their sexuality Stocking? There's no way to prove it one way or the either. Maybe they date more men than women, but that doesn't mean they don't like women. Also, not all celebrity relationships go public, so chances are we don't even know all of the people any celebrity has dated and what the gender ratio was.

12. C P

C P

I think the ratio thing has thrown her point off a bit.

I'm pretty sure she's more talking about those who make claim that they are bi for (seemingly) the hell of it, only to run back to being straight or whatever once they are done with their fun.

This kind of thing only does a disservice to true bisexuals, especially when it is involving someone as influential as a celeb.

13. Foster

Since I'm not aware of any, I have to ask, what celebrities specifically have claimed to be bisexual and then went back and called themselves straight again? Even if a bisexual woman marries a man, that doesn't suddenly make her straight.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Jessi jay and nicki minja . I know is not all but many use the bisexual label for fame they will embrace it when Their new to the scene the ditch when they don't need it it happens a lot

#14 stocking, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  15. C P

C P

I wasn't putting any celeb in the spotlight myself, but rather was trying to help clarify what stocking is pointing out.

Also, seems like one of the more recent incidents, very recent actually, being Jessie J and her announcement that her only interest(dating, fancy, loving...as she apparently put it) is with men now. The way she put it made it out like bisexuality is, generally, a phase in itself. That is what is upsetting people.

16. Foxface

Yeah I was kind of curious about this too

how do we know and judge that they are lying?

17. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is true. Some may hide this fact and or are private. That Jessie J person should have just stated she was bi curious. I have known several people who thought they liked girls too and just said they were curious rather than full on bi. I think it depends on the person. We also don't know what is going on in her head at the time, plus what is actually going on in their life.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Another person was Kim from Atlanta house wives she said she was bisexual then ditched after it was in the newspaper and everything . Then boom it was over now she's straight . It really puts actual bisexuals in a bad light this one of the reasons lesbians wouldn't date a bi girl because you think your just gonna get used. It's true we don't know what their thinking or what is going on with them. But when you see this a lot how do you take them seriously . You just don't know whose lying or telling the truth .

19. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amber Heard is bisexual. Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, Drew Barrymore told the world they are bisexual too but I am not sure. :wink:

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah but whose knows if it's true or not that's why I just it with a grain of salt . The l'm bisexual for popularity bit as been done so much you just don't know who to believe so when I see it on tv I don't pay attention to it. I don't know if those celebs are bisexual or not . But it's like the new 15minutes of fame.