1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You know how people have the "fight or flight" thing when they panic which are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Mind Freak

I think I'm more flight.
    If I get scared of something I run like the dickens; normally before anyone else starts running. Lol.

Like one time on 4th of July a firework went off unexpectedly and before the initial "boom" was gone I was halfway down the street. Lol.

How about you?

Fight or Flight?

2. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Re: You know how people have the "fight or flight" thing when they panic which are yo

Fight. I fight alot, I think its important to not back down

3. Cheese Love

Re: You know how people have the "fight or flight" thing when they panic which are yo

Flight 100%. I'm a really big wimp :]

4. Mind Freak

Kind of true WhiteFox
    But good luck fighting a firework buddy. Lol.

I almost punched my mom in the face once.
    It was like 1 in the morning and the house was dark and I walked down stairs and turned the corner and all I saw was the shadow of her head and I thought she was sleeping so I almost swung.

Her rollers saved us both because I would have been messed up if I'd hit her. Lol.

5. davo-man

I'm totally a flight person. At a club, at the first sense of a fight beginning, I run like the wind :grin:...I'm totally cowardly hehe

6. Mind Freak

Lol. If other people are fighting I'll stick around and watch.
    I just make sure I have a clear path just in case they want to be fools and pull out knives or guns or something.

I've got no time to be gettin shot or stabbed! Lol.

7. Hydrogen

I am definitely a fighter... and I am in it to win.

8. Mind Freak

If you're a highway patrolman I think its safe to say you have to have that frame of mind.

Exactly why I couldn't do something like that and be really successful.

I'm a firm believer in "CYB" (Cover your butt) Lol.

9. Hydrogen

Me too... CYB is half the fight.. the other is "KOB" Kick other guys butt :slight_smile:

10. Mind Freak

Lol. That's fine as long as I'm not the guy in line for the butt kicking well from you at least.

I'm sure you're trained all special to open a serious can of whoop a** lol.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Fight, I think. I have a punch reflex - if someone startles me, I swing at them, without thinking about it. When I was about 10, my dad sneaked up beghind me, grabbed my shoulder and yelled "BOO", and reflexively I drove my elbow into his stomach. Also I once managed to elbow a friend of mine in the temple when she grabbed me from behind. I seriously don't mean to do it - my arm just goes out, without my mind having a say in it.

12. Chris

I do flight, i never learned to automatically make a fist.

13. Master Taco

Fight, unless it's something I REALLY know I can't take on.

14. Mind Freak

Lol. And sometimes if someone jumps out at me in the dark I'll just freeze up guarding my face.

That's my money maker! Haha. I wish!

15. dictionary

Depends if it were worth fightiting for i would fight proberly not physycly because i hate physical violence but verbaly... i love verbal abuse...

But if i were mugged id proberly try to fight the mugger but fail and run away...

16. Vampyrecat

I'm actually really.. shy.

Most of the time I just walk off if I get overwhelmed or scared,
    But sometimes, l get really super angry, it doesn't happen often, but then when it does, I yell and I shake like mad because I'm so freaked out by my nerves and by the fact I'm actually yelling.

Yay for flight and fight at the same time.

17. Louise

Physical danger, I'm the first one out the door even if I have to trample old ladies and children, I'm outta there! Only kidding I would let the old ladies and kiddies out first but I don't go looking for fights.

Confronting difficult situations I'm right there at the front holding my ground come what may NO ONE is going to beat me down.

So a bit of both really, depends on the situation.

18. SamAlex728

well, i try to stay away from fights, unless im not involved, then i'll watch, but if its my bitch neighbor, i'll fight, i dont buy into the "dont hit a girl thing"

but like in 6th grade, there was this kid that EVERYONE hated and he kept hitting me and calling me a wimp, saying he'd keep doing it and i was a goody-goody and wouldnt fight back, but i have anger issues, so after the third time, i punched him right in the chest really hard. then his druggie mother came to pick him up. did i mention i punched him DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL about 10 feet away from the building with plenty of windows and ppl coming out the door????

19. nickmc

I'm fully a flight person. Don't often find myself in the situation to be honest but I'm way to weak to fight so I run.

Although if its a verbal situation I'm definitely not gunna let someone trample over me and I can get pretty feisty if I'm pissed off :icon_bigg

20. Trumpetplyer23

I honestly think it depends on the situtation.

When it comes to a verbal battle, I won't back down. Ever. That's all there is to it.

However, in a physical battle, it depends on what we're fighting about, if it's something serious I'm not going to back down, if it's over something stupid, I won't fight about it.