1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same sex love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Lukas17

Do you think it's possible that every person has something inside themselves which is connected to some kind of love to same sex person? :c

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wouldn't that make us all gay or bi if that were true ?:confused:

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends what you mean by connected and what type of love. They are very broad terms.

Happy days :slight_smile:

4. Caillin

Well what kind of love are you talking about? A sexual kind of love?

5. Hexagon

Why? Homosexuality is no more [insert adjective] than heterosexuality. Let's just leave it at "we love" and be done with it.

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're getting at the Jungian hypothesis that we're all inherently bisexual because within every man is a feminine persona and within every woman, a masculine one. It's interesting conceptually but has no real evidence to support it. Personally, I think that if societies didn't exist and humans were left in a state totally unaltered by culture, most people could be opportunistically bisexual under certain circumstances sort of like roman soldiers and prep school girls. Hahahaha!!!! But within our complete evolutionary context, I disagree that everyone has same sex or opposite sex tendencies.

7. setnyx

i believe we all have the ability to fall in love with the PERSON, no matter what the outward appearance. as far as it becoming sexual for me no.

8. LostAndAffraid

Interesting hypothesis, one looked upon by many of the thinkers of our day, by that of coarse I mean stand up comics, dude from everyone loves Raymond, said something along those lines, Louis C.K. says that for all he knows he'll meet a guy one day that makes him want to be gay.

I guess my opinion would be that your sexuality is constantly evolving but do I think if someone is not at all attracted to the same sex one day they might wake up and be? No I don't, now please later bloomers don't be mad at me for this. From what I understand you just didn't understand your feelings before finally accepting yourself later in life. The seed for attraction was already there just waiting to bloom, I'm just saying if the seed isn't there to begin with how can something grow from nothing?

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

May seem weird, but as an intensely intellectual person, same-sex love seems to make more and more sense the more I think about it. I mean that even beyond bodily workings which prone us to prefer one sex over another. Much like scientists who are exploring untapped realms of the brain for "superhuman" abilities we may already have within ourselves, I'm sometimes persuaded that the capability for same-sex love may simply be a matter of expanding our cognitive capacities beyond certain predefined paradigms that we are confined within from an early age. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that "teh gay" is in "the gray" with everyone. Then again, there have been reported cases of brain trauma that has supposedly caused people to switch orientation, and it is almost invariably straight-to-gay in every instance. Perhaps research holds the answer for this. Indeed, I would not be surprised to discover that at least a good quarter or more of the population is capable of same-sex love, when all restricting boundaries are removed.

10. C P

C P

I wouldn't say we all have the ability to fall in love with anyone, but we definitely have the capability to love anyone, just in different ways. Like how I can love a female friend without being in love with her.

I know this thread is about same sex love but seems like you could apply the same thing to vice versa.

Wouldn't a good example of this hetero 'same-sex' love be like, say, strong bromances?

11. LostAndAffraid

Well if you include hetero love that is non sexual then it's definitely possible hell I love my best friend But there is nothing sexual about it.