1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moral question about dating younger people.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by huehue, Apr 9, 2014.

1. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically I have a friend who is 19 ,and is going out with a 16 nearly 17 year old girl.

People seem totally OK with that , and I don't really know why they shouldn't.

Then,on the other hand, I know (not a friend) someone who is 19 and was about to go out with a 16 nearly 17 year old boy, and his friends slated him for it (everyone knows he is gay).

What do you think about this?

2. Cass

It dosent seem like a big deal but at young ages like the teen years it isn't usually a good idea. It depends on parents too, because of they disapprove the older one could get on trouble (at least around here)
    Usually it's more acceptable for men to date slightly younger girls but this isn't always te case

Me personally
    That's so close in age really it dosent matter

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I use to worry that I was taking advantage if the girl was 18 or 19 even 20 but sometimes you can't help who you like you know as long as their of age it's ok .

4. Joelouis

I think even a year seems a big gap when you're young but ten years seem like nothing when you get older. If it's ok for a guy to date a younger woman, then it should be ok for anyone.

I've heard a few people saying how they disapprove of Tom Daley and his guy (can't remember his name) but they're both adults so who's business is it?

Admittedly, if I had a 16 year old daughter and she came home with a 42year old boyfriend I might change my tune.

5. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True,but its just weird how one is half seen as a hero (my friend who is dating the girl) and the other ones is seen as a pervert (the guy i half know)

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In general, people find young men dating to be concerning because males generally are less emotionally mature than girls of the same age. Personally, that close in age, I think that dating is OK but nothing physical beyond kissing (in either situation!).

7. kem

kem

I echo what Cass said. It's generally more acceptable in society for men to have younger partners. I guess it applies whether they are straight or not. I for one don't really care about age as long as it's legal, but I wouldn't go much younger than 17. Keeping in mind the age of consent is 16 here.

I gotta mention: my brother's friends, who are 5 years younger than I am (14, turning 15), and already they are taller and better-built, they look 18–19...
    Not saying I'd do anything, but dang. o__o Then again I'm a bottom so would it be that bad? :grin: I'm joking!!

It is a question of mental as well as physical maturity I guess.

8. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any moral objection to it provided neither party is taking advantage of the other. But other people seem to view it as more okay for a male to have a younger female partner than for a female to have a younger male partner, and same-sex relationships throw off the entire M/F thing, making it harder to judge. But seeing as a good number of people believe that gay people are solely in it for the sex, they might think that the older party is taking advantage of the younger party even though they're not. It's one of the annoying double-standards of society.

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Such a small age difference is not a problem. She will be 18 in a little over 1 year, and since the other person is only 19, not a problem.

10. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there is anything wrong in any case , but people seem to judge the gay people and not the straight people