1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I got a ticket but not for driving...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WhiteFox, Jul 25, 2008.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It was only like 6pm and I'm blaring my music in the car. (three 6 Mafia if anyone cares) and all of a sudden a cop flashed his lights and pulled me over. He asked for my drivers license and registration and I asked what the problem was and he said "noise violation"...I was in shock. I have 2 13in JL subs in my trunk and ive had them for a while and ive never had a problem like that. I didn't even know they could "get" you for that...well it was a fine...$500 but luckily one of my best friends dad is a cop and he jus said "dont worry I think I know him ill take care of it"...THANK THE LORD ha. well yea jus warning you guys if you have something like that in your cars...Was he justified...500 Is a little overkill dont you think?

#1 WhiteFox, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Trumpetplyer23

My mom and I have called the cops on the neighbors for noise violation, but they were so loud you could hear them down the freaking block. And it was at 11 o'clock at night, too.

I believe (in most states), that there's a certain time when the noise violation law goes into effect. Where I live, it's at 7:30 p.m, I think. Then again, if it was REALLY LOUD (like above the healthy amount of decibels) he could fine you, but I doubt you had it that loud or your ears would have been bleeding.

3. Tim

Tim

In most US cities, the noise violation starts at 10 PM and ends at I think 8 AM. Anytime during that you can get in trouble for having music too loud, arguing too loud, etc.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

The music someone plays in their own car is their business especially if its only 6 pm....its not like it was 2 am or anything...that totally sucks though dude.

5. biisme

i believe the noise violation time where i live is from 11 pm till.....either 5 or 6 am

6. otc877

otc877 Guest

I thought it had something to do with not being able to hear emergency vehicles or something to that effect. Same reason you're not aloud to drive with headphones in both ears.

7. Mmmike

That's rather unfortunate. At least you have connections so you might not have to pay for it. 6 pm is a rather rediculous time to be ticketed. I could understand if i was 11 pm.
    My brother has a sound system in his car too.

8. I have often thought about it, but I had no idea they could get you for that! I better be careful then...

9. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I've always known about this law. You should keep your eyes peeled for cops when blasting music, I always do. When u see one just flip it down real quick. Ultra loud music laws are in effect at all times during the day, and are especially enforced in cities or in the vicinity of a lot of houses.

10. -Michael-

Maybe he was more of a classical man

11. jroakwood

i know that you cant get fined if youre only using the original sound system in your car and its before like... 10 pm around where i live.

but i think you might get fined if youre too loud and you have a jacked up sound system and stuff.

im not sure.
    but yeah, its lame. at least you got it taken care of man.

12. Hydrogen

... around here "noise violation" is mostly used as PC (probable cause) to pull someone over who we feel might have some other illegal "activity's" going on.

However, you can be pulled over any time of the day if your stero is too loud or you have the base jamming. It distracts other drivers, and there is no way you can hear a firetruck down the road, etc.

At 6pm, traffic is still heavy in some areas and considered part of rush hour, and traffic enforcement is stepped up.

If your stereo is sooo loud that we get calls from residents, we will charge you with a "noise violation" and inattentive driving.

Also, around here once a ticket is entered into the system it can not be canceled out... hope it is diff. up there, as $500 is too much... on a first offense, if you were nice they should give a written warning.

13. SkyTears

I know where I live you can fight a ticket that you get. My dad sold his car once and the title wasn't editted in the police network yet so he got send a ticket for something he didn't do. He was able to get rid of the ticket but the people who bought it got away for not having to pay.

As for the noise - I've heard of this before and I keep my music down around cops for that very reason.

14. Hydrogen

Yes, something like that can be taken care of by the court... because it is invalid.
    However it doesn't change the fact down here,
    if I give you a ticket,
    and the next day Trooper XYZ says:
    "Hey, you gave my son/brother/father, etc a ticket, can you cancel it?"
    I can't, as the ticket is in the system. The only way to cancel it would be tell my supervisor I made a mistake... but that would go against me in my next performance review. (and he would expect me to re-write the ticket minus the "error" I said I made)

So, typically speaking now that most agencies use computers to keep track of tickets and driving offenses, there is nothing that can be done once the officer enters it in the system. They do this to prevent corruption... In the old days you could just slip a cop a $20, and he would have his buddy simply dismiss the ticket... not anymore.

15. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Hydrogen, it was probably probable cause to pull you over for other things.

But:
    -Loud car stereos (or any other noise) annoy me at any time of the day or night

-A loud car stereo is a safety hazard to you and other people on the road. It is not "your own business"

-You're wrecking your hearing. Plus I find music more enjoyable at more moderate levels.