1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of dating visibly gay girls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 9, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I sometimes get attracted to more androgynous girls, but I'm kind of scared of dating them because that would make my relationship harder to hide.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    true but the only reason I don't date them is because i'm not attracted to them but it's harder to hide with a visibly gay girls and it's easier with femme . but why deny yourself someone your attracted too

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Why would you want to hide your relationship? I think relationships are something to celebrate. I understand closeted cases, but I don't think someone would be ready to date at all if they weren't out. I think by appearance I look "straight", but I still wouldn't want to date a girl if she felt the need to "hide our relationship".

4. anaisninja

Why would you want to hide the relationship?

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've dated only one androgynous gay girl before and a lot of people thought she was a boy, which was quite funny. She didn't care about what people thought of her and neither did I. We were too busy enjoying each others company, which was more important. I mean, appearance these days do not mean a thing because I'm sure there are many androgynous females who are not gay whatsoever.

I think if you really like someone then you should not let the opinion of others stop you from pursuing them. Because that seems to be the real issue here and the reason why you'd want to hide your relationship.

I have a friend who's dating a visibly gay girl and she's afraid of introducing her to the family because she's not out yet. So, I understand where you're coming from, but I agree with Fallingdown7, I couldn't be in a relationship with a girl who wanted to hide our relationship.

#5 pinklov3ly, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  6. LostAndAffraid

Have you ever seen, "but I'm a cheerleader" that's one of my favorite gay movies, I just wanted to bring out up.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    it's mine too :lol:

8. fulcrum

Its kinda the same for "bro" guys who dont want to date "femme" guys because they are also visibly gay. I think there are many of us who dont necessarily want to hide ourselves.. but we also dont want to advertise. Maybe thats the fear with dating obviously gay people.

9. LostAndAffraid

Well the reason I thought of it is cause pinklov3ly brought up androgynous femmes who are strait.

10. Ruthven

No such thing as "visibly gay" or "obviously gay" and the latter one would only work if there was a person who actually says that they're gay.

I'm gettin sick of hearin this shit, specially in the community like seriously we should know better about stereotypin and all that.

11. LostAndAffraid

True enough I know some very flamboyant men who are strait.

12. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Very true about the stereotypes. A lot of people assume I'm attracted to women because of the way I act and the likes but I like the gentlemen rather than the ladyfolk.

13. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more comfortable as a tomboy because I don't look girly/pretty, but I am a feminine person. love cutesy stuff, cry at sad and happy things, hate breaking a nail (I'm single so can grow them out if I want), and I do like pretty things, I simply lack the confidence to wear those nice dresses and tight jeans.

Even though I don't "think" I look butch people always assume I'm gay. Luckily for me my straight gfs are strong/confident women who don't give a toss if ignorant ppl make rude comments assuming us to be a couple.

It's a shame girls like you wouldn't give girls like me a second glance because you're too concerned/preoccupied by what other ppl think.

Sayonara my love!