1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growing up Intersex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Jul 25, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. Tim

Tim

This is the only episode of Oprah I actually watched, saw it not too long ago, it really does make you think about what they go through on a daily basis.

3. i watched something on a documentary channel called My Shocking Story - Which Sex Am I?, i think it might have been DMAX...anyhoo, yeah, i found it quite powerful. I admire the parents, it must be an awful decision to have to make, whether to choose your child's sex and if you do, which gender to make your child. I don't think i would be able to cope, i think that i would never be able to choose and not feel guilty, and just think 'would they be happier if they were male/female..?'

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I believe medical professionals are encouraging parents to wait until the child is older before having any kind of surgery. That way they get a better feel of what gender the child identifies more closely with. There are cases of parents choosing the wrong gender which causes big problems for the child. Not good.

5. Sam

Sam

I would wait until the child was older because there are cases like becky said where the parents choose the wrong sex. Can you imagine if you were intersex and your parents chose the wrong sex? That would be terrible. I'll try to watch it today.

6. lolz

looks lke i just caught it.. on in 5 minutes

i think it is going to be interesting :slight_smile:

7. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I watched that.
    Extremely interesting, but still somehow heartbreaking.