1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unrelated to lgbtq but help me please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QuinnSF, Apr 9, 2014.

1. QuinnSF

I have a fake cupcake store (for a intro. to business course) and am in dire need of market research data cause my group members bailed on doing their part ;(

What attributes are most important in your purchase of cupcakes (@ a shop that only sells cupcakes)? Like what do you consider when purchasing cupcakes at a shop that only sells cupcakes. (one word is fine)

What are other businesses that come to mind (and might be alternatives) when purchasing cupcakes?

I know how ridiculous it is to make my first thread/post on here about nothing related to lgbtq topics but I don't know where else to go. ;(

2. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't really buy cupcakes from "cupcake stores" but if I was to buy any type of food such as cupcakes:
    -Shop has to smell really well.I know lots of shops have an aroma they put into the air conditioning for you to want to buy stuff such as bread,etc
    -They need to look professional
    -Must be nice/reasonable price

3. QuinnSF

Thanks! Any competitors come to mind?

4. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Lots of icing in cool and pretty patterns. Interest and visually appealing colours. A wide range of flavours and varieties. Maybe a section where you can pick your own toppings? Unique cases. Unusual decoration, themed cupcakes. Presentation (how they're stacked etc).

Normally if I'm going to buy a desert it's an after thought from another shop after getting a proper meal. I don't think a shop that sold bland, standard cupcakes would get much attention since those are readily available elsewhere.

5. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say just good presentation. Also, if you can somehow advertise that you use quality ingredients, that's always a plus for me.

Happy days :slight_smile:

6. paulc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As someone who LOVES baking, I like to name the cup cakes things like "Pink Perfection" or "Chocolate Dream"

7. kem

kem

Aesthetics
    Quality: real ingredients.
    Alternatives: vegan, gluten-free, no nuts, etc.
    Environmental and ethical responsibility; recycled packaging, Fair Trade ingredients, no palm oil from the Amazon rainforest area... you get the point.
    In all honesty though, cupcakes are kinda 2012. No one buys or does them anymore.

#7 kem, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  8. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DO YA GOT CATERING, YO!!? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Also, special dietary needs met (like vegan, gluten free, or low-calorie ones)? and of course how nice the cupcakes look - nice frosting, special decorations, etc.
    Competitors would probably be grocery stores, where you can pick up premade and pre packaged cupcakes for cheap.

9. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm... It's need to have something special. Like a really fast cupcake dispenser, or custom cupcakes or something. Also, they would need to be REALLY good (in flavour, consistency, aesthetics etc.)