1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone "feel younger"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by huehue, Apr 10, 2014.

1. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys.

Basically, when I was younger (I am 20 now) I lived in quite an out-of-town area.As much as I learned a lot from living outside a city next to wildlife, I also feel like I missed a great part of fun in my teen years.

I don't know why but even though I am 20 I still think as if I was 16/17... Most of the 19 year olds I know are boring people who don't see the fun in anything,and I met a guy the other day who is 16 nearly 17 , who seems to be really fun and I'm really good friends with him now.

I have so much more in common attitude wise with 17 year olds than with 20 year olds , and it is quite worrying as I nowadays just prefer being friends with people 2/3 years younger than me,which not all of my friends seem to understand and see as "weird".

I don't really know if its something psychological because I feel like I missed out on lots of fun when I was 15/16/17 ,or if its just a "spirit" or "attitude" sort of thing.

Anyone feels like this/has been in the same situation?

2. ThisIsTheKenneth

Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't know. I don't really think of myself as any age, I guess? I constantly have to remind myself that I'm not either 10 or 30 and that I could drive if I wanted which just seems weird to me. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I just started high school this year and have a ton of older teens around me all day every day who are less mature than I tend to be, but I want to simultaneously go back to being like 8 and be an adult too. This probably has made 0 sense but yeah.

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I'm almost 38. I feel at least two decades younger.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    32 but sometimes I act like I'm 17. People here seem to think I'm in my 20s.

5. Yosia

Id say my mental age lies somewhere at about 8 years old!! XD

6. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't feel older, but do feel better than I did when I was younger. I am working on myself more so getting older while is awkward at times is nice.

Should add when I like someone I feel like a child because well I get all nervous and such...

I'm 23

7. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It feels like only yesterday when I watched The Little Mermaid and sang along. Wait, that was yesterday!

8. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like I'm 15, but I'm almost 18.

9. lawRAWR

Sometimes I feel as if I am at least 10 years younger than what I am now.

But quite a lot of the time, I feel the age I am now-I am kind of the 'typical' angsty teenager at the moment, who is angry at the world. Yet, I feel intimidated by the responsibilities that are coming up- my exams are next month, I can drive in July, and I'll be looking for a University next year.

These things really scare me, I want to be younger to prepare better!

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

You feel like your 6?? :lol:

For me.. I'm almost in my 20's and I feel like I'm around 20.. Maybe because I started full time too early.. and interacted with the older generation who talks about their kids etc.

11. fulcrum

Yip, totally feel like Im in my early 20s. Im now 31. :slight_smile:

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I feel probably around 20. I didn't have much of a teenage experience in my actual teens, I feel like I experienced most of that a few years late.

13. leer

am 21 to me that makes me a YOUNG man maybe sometimes I spit my dummy out if I dont get my own way:dry:

14. kem

kem

I feel young. Not a specific age, but rather the feeling of not having experienced life yet, as if everything was ahead of me, and not a lot behind me; which is actually true.

15. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel younger than I am. Oh sorry I want to be younger than I am so I can do it properly this time

16. lawRAWR

Okay, maybe not as young as 6, but I wish I was sometimes :lol:

17. IsThisAName

I feel like an adult in some aspects, but when I think about the fact that I'll be 21 in less than two weeks, it freaks me out. I feel mature, but I certainly don't feel ready to accept all the responsibilities coming my way. Sometimes I wish I could rewind and be 17 again, but the freedom I have now is a big plus. I kinda feel a quarter life crisis coming on though, because as ridiculous as it sounds, to me, 21 feels like I'm getting old. Even though I look at people in their 30s and don't see them as old, me being in my 20s feels old, if that makes sense. D:

18. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm mostly a serious guy. But certain people bring out the little kid in me. Like throwing rocks down the street to see who could get them the furthest? I did not just do that last week....

19. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel a lot younger than my age would indicate. But meh, age is just a number. :slight_smile:

20. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a lot of trouble relating to people my own age, and their houses, cars, lawns, automatic garage door openers, kids and all that...I've led a sorta wild, punk/artsy/Bohemian life with my mate. Sometimes, I feel like we're both 16, even after 20 years together. Sometimes I feel the pain of economic insecurity, but at least, I can look back to all the good times we had, even if we were living on the edge at points. But as time goes on, I have to face facts that I can't live like a rock-star forever. It's hard.

As The Rolling Stones said, "What a drag it is growing old." Even those little yellow pills don't help much with that.