1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't belong in the GSA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been to the GSA a few times and I didn't feel like I belonged. They were mostly talking about organizing events and small talk that didn't interest me. I guess I'll be forever alone. :frowning2:

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The GSA isn't the end-all to your interactions. They weren't your type of people. That's it. That's not a death-sentence to you socially, romantically, or anything. Was there anything specific that went wrong? Were they close-knit and didn't involve you much? Snobbish, or just not familiar with you?

3. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have found that it can be difficult to feel like you belong when you first jump into any kind of community that you feel "new" to. This has, unfortunately, been my experience especially in the LGBT community. I think it has to do with people who are used to being on guard against other people. We have become cliquish in our self-preservation. Hang in there with GSA and you will soon realize that people will love you there (unless they are all assholes.)