1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gossiping about other people's sexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I constantly hear people at my school gossiping about guys possibly being gay or bi. At my old school it was mostly girls.

2. kem

kem

Well, I love gossip. Can't help it.

3. IsThisAName

Yeah, when I was in middle school and high school there were ALWAYS rumors that I was a lesbian. Literally even people I didn't know would know me as "that lesbian." And the thing was that I fully believed I was straight during that entire time, so it pissed me off. And then when I started dating guys it was, "but I thought you were gay? Oh, so you're bi?" And that made me even more mad! I got called things like "dyke" and "butch" all the time (my hair was shorter at the time, if anything I'm all femme now lol).

It took me a really long time to be okay with the fact that I like girls, because there was a big part of me that didn't want those people to be right. Actually, even though now I love liking girls, I kinda don't want those people to catch word that I'm bi/possibly gay, because they'll be like "ha, I knew it." Screw them.

Sorry for the rant :lol: I'm over the bullying but this still annoys me!

4. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    That interesting. I don't remember any gay rumors about me. When I was ten they spread rumors about me making out with a guy at a basketball game.

5. lukeluvznicki13

I think everyone sometime in their life will gossip about sexuality in someone. I know many straight, gay, bi, lesbian, trans people all discuss it.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care what people do behind closed doors. I don't particularly like talking about it myself so I definitely won't gossip about it.

7. Wren

Ha! I've gossiped about people before but I've certainly had it bite me in the butt straight back a couple of times. Mostly when I'm drunk, because I have a tedency to tell girls they're 'sooo hot' and gripe. One guy once asked me when I was wasted if I was a lesbian, so I just said 'Nooo...but I have this ciderrrr....' so he left me be.

The only other person who's ever given me shit about it to my face was a gay friend of mine who was convinced I was gay. Obviously, I denied it at every opportunity, though he was obviously correct to at least some extent.

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Gossip... eww, no thank you! :slight_smile:

9. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this kind of gossip can carry on even in later life. I've heard such gossip even in my working years. I don't really engage in it though as I'm not interested in gossip as it doesn't always reflect the truth and if want to know something about someone I'll just ask.

Happy days :slight_smile: