1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting a guy I met on Facebook?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by amoore658, Apr 11, 2014.

1. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi guys

This Spanish guy added me on Facebook a while back. I really fancied him, but thought it wouldn't go anywhere.

To cut a long story short, I've spoken on the phone with him and on Skype alot recently (he initiated those, not me). I live in Northern Ireland where everyone knows everybody (for the Americans on here, the entire country has a population of just 1.8 million - that's how small it is!) He's from Dungannon, but I don't have any mutual friends with him on Facebook.

We're meant to be meeting up tomorrow night, and I said about going back to my house ( I have a "free house"). He really seems to want a relationship.

IDK , I'm just a bit wary about stuff. What if I meet him and he tries to kill me LOL? :O How can I tell if it's safe to bring him back to my house? I'm 99.9% sure I'm just being paranoid...

But what do you guys think of bringing a guy back to your house on the first "date"?

PS: The only thing which 'confused' me is, he said if I'm speaking to other guys he'd be really angry and beat me (said in a jokey-way) but still? How can you tell if the guy is safe or not? :bang:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it is 100% safe to bring someone to your house on the first meeting. Maybe i'm being too paranoid, but i wouldn't feel confortable.

Plus, if you want a serious relationship, peraphs you should avoid sex until you are sure he is serious?

Idk, just my 2 cents...

3. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'd say you should meet some place public for the first time, he probably isnt one but it seems prudent to make sure he isn't a creep or something. Meet at a coffee shop or something.

4. Mehmeister

if you do bring him home you should first tell your parents that your gay

hope this helps!

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't take him to your house on the first meeting. The chances of him trying to harm you aren't high, but they aren't exactly low, either. Meet in a public place and leave it at that for the time being.

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea dude meet him in a public place
    taking him back to the house just sends him the wrong signal instead, if you both are into each other and want to start building a relationship, just take him to a comfortable environment where you both can get to know each other like coffee or walk in the park or even shopping for what you both like (MOVIES ARE A BAD IDEA IN MY OPINION, YOU SPEND MORE TIME LOOKING AT THE SCREEN THEN TALKING TO EACH OTHER) but that's the gist of it. Good Luck!

7. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't take someone back home on a first date... you are not being paranoid. Stay safe, always!

If he really wants a relationship, he will be happy and understand the reasons.

Even so, I hope it goes well :thumbsup:

8. Mzansi

I'd wait it out and see how the relationship,
    Regardless of whether you had met him online,
    Or in real life,
    You'd still need to suss out the person,
    In the end your home is a VERY personal space,
    And showing it to someone gives them a little power over you!

Make sure WHO you give the power to,
    Is someone you could trust first :slight_smile: