1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your religious beliefs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 101DeadRoses, Apr 11, 2014.

1. 101DeadRoses

I guess you could call me Pagan or a witch for lack of a better word.

I believe in Wahre Liebe (German for true love) and Mother Earth/Gaea. It is a religion all my own.

I am simply telling you my beliefs. Believe as you wish, this is simply my interpretation, and rooted in science/observation of the paranormal.

The God and Goddess are not the creators of everything, but came to be after life began. They are not creatures or spirits that are separate from humans, or higher than them at all, but rather the collective ESP of all the creatures, human or otherwise, that live, have lived, or will ever live in this universe.

I think that the energy of the human mind must go somewhere. People have ESP, premonitions, and will so strong they can force events to happen. Science has proved that energy cannot be destroyed, so where does it go?

For me, the answer is simple.

People benefit from contact with other people. Maybe this is energy fusing together? And maybe all that energy, from all the living beings to ever live sticks together and forms a will of its own and winds up influencing all people in the past, present, and future. Perhaps when people get premonitions, it is the energy coiling back and running through their minds.

The God and Goddess, or more accurately, The Two Energies, are the spirits that exist in the future, past and present. They are the collective energies and wills that unite, and are us all. Wahre Liebe is the one that has more control, and has developed a consciousness of his own. He is a separate god/energy and governs the universe, ensuring that scientific events move in the way they should and affect the universe in the way they need to to benefit the most. His main concern is certain problems that need solving, and major events in time. He is far more noticeable and has more of a hand in history and the future.
    He is also the uniting spirit of all religions whose main focus is love. Thus, in my mind, all religions are equal because all religions have the same god. He monitors people and tries to make them more loving and sends them messages from time-to-time.
    Since he is the collective spirit of all, he knows all and what he must do to help us. However, humans have minds of their own and act as they choose.

The Goddess, Gaea, does not have a consciousness of her own. She is all the spirit of the world. She is the kindness of the world, and so provides for those who need. Those who are more in touch with nature benefit the most, and a simple walk outside can help them feel happier and healthier. Gaea is an energy, not a mind, and is the spirit of love. She dwells within the Earth, and so becomes the Earth that nourishes us. She is the spirit of people, near sentient but not quite, she aids us when we need it, and realizes it when we are in need. When something is wrong, such as a shooting at a school, or a gruesome murder, she usually lets us know through a bad vibe that we sense, and so we feel like something is wrong. These past few days I have felt confused and just plain wrong. It was only last night when I found out about the school stabbing that the feeling lessened.

This is my religious belief. I am simply stating it. You can be a complete atheist, I don't care. I am just showing you my view on things. I know things seem a bit jumbled, but I am still a bit clouded and not altogether right as of now, and I am trying my best to interpret my general understanding of God and religion, which is quite jumbled as I haven't put it into words before.

So what are your religious beliefs?

2. lordsnow

I don't have many religious beliefs. I do however believe in Fate, True Love and that there is someone in this world for everyone.

3. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

It's complicated.

4. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Raised Christian, became an irreligious Atheist and was like that for a long time until one of my online friends showed my Judaism. I plan on converting but I'm still and Atheist.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am an atheist. Grew up in a Methodist church that I left for a while and briefly returned to because I had a brief experiment with Christianity again after realizing I was an atheist, and ended up staying at the church until I went off to college just to be able to say goodbye to some good people that I still consider friends that had known me since I was literally 5 days old. I was born on a Tuesday and my mother took me to church the following Sunday to show me off to everybody.

I was out as atheist to some at the church, and while my mother and brother did Sunday School, I actually honed my debating skills in a "Current Events Through a Christian Perspective" class. Well, I was usually the moderator.

#5 AwesomGaytheist, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  6. Beetle

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school up till the 5th grade, but I never really believed in God and never was a fan of religion, so I'm an Atheist.

7. My belief system is complicated, yet very simple. I believe in what can be found to be common in all "religion"; ex: loving one another, Do No Harm, respect the Earth, respect others and yourself, and at the end of your life there is going to be someone to answer to. The person at the end of your life may not be "God" or another deity, it may be yourself and you must relive the pain or happiness you caused in your life before your spirit can rest. No matter who I answer to, I want to make sure to leave a positive imprint in the world before I go.

It's simple for me but complicated for others because I have no religion despite being religious. I sometimes say I'm an "Atheist with a strict moral code" but then people are confused as to why even bother with a moral code. But even if we do die just to lay in the ground and rot, at least I made others happy while I was here, and that's all that matters in my life.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe in God but I hate religion , I'm on the fence to Atheism

9. igoloo2946

I am currently being raised in conservative household as a christian, I plan on staying christian for the rest of my life but I am scared of what challenges collage may bring as I have seen that others have had their faith tested and changed in collage.

10. Foxface

Pagan leaning towards Kemet

My Queen Isis owns my soul

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a Unitarian Universalist - Agnostic. :slight_smile:

12. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Macedonian Orthodox Christian.

13. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Spiritual, but not religious. I believe in Christianity, but I don't go to church.

14. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a Christian, specifically Christian Church(Disciples of Christ).

15. Paisley

I'm a true agnostic.

16. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Nonexistent

Ironically I have a baseless but nagging suspicion that whatever's going on behind the scenes, if anything, is waaaaaaaay more amazing and simple than anything we could hope to imagine. Best to try to focus on what's here now, which is the only thing that's guaranteed.

17. Sorceress of Az

I am a Christian with beliefs far outside of mainstream Christian beliefs.
    For example I don't believe Jesus is the son of the Old Testament god named Jehovah but my Goddess named Ahserah, I reject the old testament and don't believe blood sacrifice was ever needed to atone for sin, instead only repentance is needed

18. IsThisAName

I was raised Baptist/Evangelical Christian and though my parents aren't crazy religious fanatics, I was surrounded by those types of people and the things I grew up hearing from those people about sex, men and the world in general screwed me up pretty badly for awhile. I stopped going to church when I was about 16 and I have been SO much happier since. I no longer feel like I am being guilt tripped every Sunday or that I'm being judged. I tried so desperately to get into the whole Christian thing because everyone around me was so into it and all about God, and I felt like there was something wrong with me for not being able to "connect with God." Turns out religion is just not for me.

I'm honestly not sure what I believe, but that is totally okay with me. I don't feel any void in my life without religion. I feel happier. However I go to a Catholic college and I have respect for anyone's beliefs. If it makes you happy, good. Personally religion depresses me beyond belief so I stay away from it.

19. Hexagon

None. I do sometimes accept some teachings from buddhism and paganism, but not the supernatural ones.

20. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an atheist. I've done tons of historical research as well as my own education in physics and biology and have not found any convincing evidence for deities or any kind of "supernatural" phenomenon. As I don't accept magic as an answer and as I find religious claims to be generally absurd, I defer to to default atheistic position.

Of course, I like to keep an honest and open mind and will happily examine any evidence or argument someone brings to me and will be willing to change my mind if it can be verified as accurate and indicative of the claim being made. I.e. It actually proves their claim to a high enough degree of certainty.

Happy days :slight_smile: