1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts about gender

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zelos, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Zelos

Hi everyone,
    It's hard to phrase this, especially as it's all very new for me :icon_bigg
    So I used to identify a cisgender girl until last summer, but since then I had some doubts, and after some good thinking, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a woman and that there is a guy inside wanting to express himself. Lately I've been pondering transitioning ftm, but I don't feel a man inside either.
    So if I'm not a girl but I'm not a guy either, what am I ? :grin: That's what I'm trying to figure out.
    I identify as genderqueer for now. I'm very confused. I'd like to identify as one gender.
    I have already considered the thought of transitioning and I wouldn't be against it. But for that, I should be sure I'm a guy! Which I'm not.

How did you figure out what your gender was? have you ever been in my situation? Any kind of feedback would be welcome.
    For transgender people : what made you decide you wanted to transition?
    For genderqueer people : What does genderqueer mean to you, and what does it imply in your life?

Thank you for reading, and than you even more if you can reply to me.
    Have a lovely day :slight_smile:
    Sheena

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi :slight_smile:

So if I'm not a girl but I'm not a guy either, what am I ? :grin:

Do you feel like you don't have a gender or such as a fusion or both genders (male + female)?

About me, I identity myself as genderqueer. I'm a man inside, I have a very manly brain but my body is born androgynous. Therefore, I don't desire to have a penis because I think the penis doesn't make the man. I'm a man inside because my soul, my brain and my earth belong to a man.
    About my body, I'm androgynous and I feel like a fusion between man and woman.
    I'm a particular man. A feminine man? A gentleman? Yeah :slight_smile:

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I identify as genderfluid, before I considered myself trans and I came out to my mom but then i started going back into being a dude. I have had periods where I felt like a dude and periods where I felt like a girl and so that's why I put that label on me.

4. Zelos

Thanks for replying, Firesmoke! :slight_smile:
    I feel like I have a fusion of both genders.

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2014 at 05:42 PM ----------

Thank you! I may actually be genderfluid, but for now I'm too confused to know. Time will tell! :slight_smile:

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

You're welcome :icon_bigg

Well then, I think you can define yourself androgyne (that it's a branch of being genderqueer) or maybe genderfluid but I suggest you to NOT think about it too much. Let your feeling and your personality free to express itself. Because it took some times before I could define myself as genderqueer/androgyne. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2014 at 05:46 PM ----------

Exactly! :icon_bigg