1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commuting by Biking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Who commutes to school, work, and/or run errands by bike? If you're from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, or Denmark, I'm sure you ride your bike to almost everywhere.

I ride my bike or my scooter to school almost every day, depending on the weather conditions. If it's raining, windy, hot, and/or cold, then I take the bus or I have my mom drive me. If it's a very pleasant day, then I ride my bike to school. Since I live in SoCal, then I bike about 300 out of 365 days.

I wish I lived in an area where there are more bike lanes; even better, segregated bike routes. Unfortunately, most of the roads on my bike route to school aren't wide enough to establish those. Riding my bike to school isn't the problem since I leave at around 6:30 to go to school, it's riding my bike back home. It gets very crowded at around 3:00 when people are just leaving work, pedestrians are on the sidewalks and cars are everywhere. If I ride my bike on the sidewalk, I might hit someone. If I ride my bike on the roads, I might be hit. I wish SoCal is like Amsterdam, where everybody bikes.