1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want kids & if so, do you have any names in mind?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IsThisAName, Apr 12, 2014.

1. IsThisAName

How many of you want kids one day? How many & do you know what you would like to name them?

If/when I do have kids, I probably want 2 or 3. At least one boy and a girl. I've always wanted to name at least one of my kids after my grandpa or my great-grandparents as they had a significant role in my life, so I like the names Tara Vivian or Lana Vivian for a girl and Vaughn or Neil for a boy.

What about you guys? I don't want kids for at least another 6+ years but I've still put some thought into it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope. Never really liked young kids. The idea of that much responsibility is scary to me....

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm iffy on whether I want kids at all, but if I do I don't want to be the biological father. Too much shit in my DNA that would break my heart if I saw passed onto my kid.

4. AlamoCity

I feel the same way because there's a lot of autoimmmune diseases in my DNA. If I'm having kids, it'll be using my partner's DNA or adoption.

I only have ever thought of boy names and I like Austin, Houston, Dallas, Granger, Hunter, and a few others.

5. Kinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No i never want children i just dont think i could give up my life to look after someone for 18 years.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this, and I used all my favorite names as characters in my book: Steven, Jessica, Nate, Jack, and Adrianna.

However my kids are my dogs and you have to meet the dog first before you name them. That was how we named the one that we got to name.

#6 AwesomGaytheist, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I don't want kids. Everyone always acts shocked and horrified when I tell them this, which annoys me.

8. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't see myself with children tbh. I don't particularly like or seem to get on with small kids, so I don't really see myself as parent material. Plus 18 years of my life... I'd kind of like that much time to be (mostly) mine.

Well they say the parenting instincts kick in later. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But right now I definitely can't see it in my future.

9. Iowan1976

I would love to have kids. If I could afford it, I would love to have 3 or 4. I would like at least one boy and one girl.

10. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I would really love to have kids. The feeling of having watching your child growing up and introducing your baby to friends etc must be so warming..

Fact is though, I fear my chances aren't good. I think adoption is just such an amazing option for so many people, but possibly not for me. I don't know why but I just worry that the child might just not seem like my own if it's got someone else's personality. This wouldn't change my love for him/her at all obviously, I don't know.. maybe just my stupid personality at it again. But it just doesn't quite feel quite right to me, yet at least..

I also still have worries the modern day hasn't taken to same-sex parents yet fully either. Kids can be cruel at school, I've seen it first hand. I wouldn't want my child to be victimised for having two dads...

11. Waffles

Yes, I want to be a dad soooooooo much! I plan on doing serogacy and adoption... I want 3 or 4 kids, and for the adopted children I would love to adopt from another country (sure that may be lot of work but it'd be worth it.)

For girl names, I have Vivian Grace as my top pick. I also like the names Natalie, Francesca, and Hannah. For the boy names, I like the names Logan, Justin, and Kyle.

I'm in no rush to be a dad (yeah waiting until at least 25) but I love kids! ... I just hope I don't screw them up. ewe;

12. IsThisAName

@ Waffles Vivian Grace is a beautiful name! I've actually thought about using that name as well. My great grandma's name was Vivian and my great grandpa always called her Vin or Viv, which I think is adorable. But yeah I don't wanna have kids till I'm at least 25 either. But the thought of having a little person that you helped bring into the world and giving them a good life is just awesome to me :slight_smile:

13. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've thought about it. Not in the near future but perhaps someday I might want a kid or two. I'm thinking a daughter would be preferable, but I haven't thought about names.

I might not thought if my girlfriend and I become more serious. She's not a fan of kids. Maybe one or the other of us will change how we feel someday in the future.

14. Silver Sparrow

I don't want to have biological kids, but I would like to have kids. I really like Ariella Lillian for a girl, but I don't really have any boys names in mind.

15. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I would like to have kids one day. I would like 2-3 kids. Preferably two girls and one boy. Names I like would be Lexi, Lily, Leah, Jaylyn, Jayden.

16. Caillin

Nah I dont want kinds they annoy me after a certain amount of time and to much responsibility also they would be expensive and I need to save money in the future. Plus adoption seems like a really long hard process so id rather not.

#16 Caillin, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  17. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Casey and Riley are two of my favorite names, and they are both unisex so could be for either boy or girl. Also like Veronica, but probably won't use that one if having a boy. :grin:

18. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want kids, preferably one or a maximum of two.

As for the name, that's not something I've given much thought to, but I'd stick to family names. I love the names Nicholas and Alexander/Alexandra, but my family would be mortified; they're too Russian and no member of my family has ever had those names.

19. kem

kem

Yes I do. I'd like to have two, and give them non-gender-specific names after plants or natural phenomena. I have so much wisdom to impart it'd be a shame not to have any children. Plus I'd be an awesome stay-at-home daddy <3 I want kids so bad ;__;

Adopted kids preferably. I'd love to adopt a baby but honestly, 2-3 years old is fine as well. Basically I'd love any child I could get

20. Erzulie

I've always wanted kids. If I could afford it, I'd have like 4! 2 girls and 2 boys, that way no one's left out. (I always wanted a sister growing up, and all I had was a brother) Both my parents grew up in big families, and its kind of great how they're always there for each other, even though they all live in a different country than us.

If anything, I would really want to adopt or foster. (I know those are 2 completely different things, but they're options) I am aware of all the difficulties foster children may impose, but I don't care. I am extremely patient and willing to give more than I will receive. They need someone to be there for them, why can't it be me? I know a few people who did not have horrible experiences in the foster homes they were raised in.