1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom got in an accident but I don't seem to care

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Apr 12, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I 'm trying to care and feel sad but I don't feel it , I know it sounds heartless and my dad told me but I don't really worry so much I mean she's still alive and not dead if that happen I will be sad but like only because I'd be homeless and we wouldn't be able to live in our house . I feel heartless but I don't really seem to care about my mom as much as I did as a child . I'm just indifferent and I'm trying to feel emotion but can't .
    My dad is upset at me because I'm not sad or checking on her or anything and to be honest like I don't care like she's a live so it's all good plus she's texting him :confused:
    I'm a bad person .:icon_sad:
    If this happened to a friend or girlfriend I would care and be checking on them but she's alive so it's all good .

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not the only one that wouldn't really care if that happened to their parents...

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank God I was think maybe something was wrong with me . Like if it was my step dad I would care a little .

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See the thing is your mum is straight up abusive and you know it. If your mum treated you like an adult human being instead of a doll and a psychological punching bag I'm pretty sure you would care, but she doesn't, she treats you like shit.

If I came and destroyed your bedroom for no reason, then forced you to clean it up. Threatened you. Stole your money. Repeatedly put you in a position where you could lose your job because of MY actions. Made you feel like a sub-human. Treated you like a child AND STILL insisted that I was better than you could ever be. Just imagine I did those things.

Now imagine something happens to me. Would you care?

HELL no you wouldn't care, because by all accounts I have been an awful human being.

Why should your mum get a free pass at those things?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right she shouldn't and I wouldn't care if a person treated me the same way and something happened to them . But my dad's like she's your mom she gave birth to you and I'm think but why should I she's been so mean if she was a nice loving mommy I would care . Your right she shouldn't get a free pass .

6. Hexagon

I don't know your mother, but from what Ellia said, she doesn't sound like someone who's made your life pleasant. Parents aren't deserving of unconditional love or respect anymore than the rest of us. If they are not worthy of it, then they lose that love and respect, and that's how it should be. So no, you aren't a bad person for feeling that way.

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah she gave birth you, good for her. At what point did you ask for that to happen?

Last time I checked having babies was your parents choice, not yours. You don't owe them anything just because they decided to have you.

Relationships are a two way thing. Frankly, you've spent ages feeling bad about the fact that she appears to have actually gone insane...I'm pretty sure we discussed before about how your dad didn't want to rock the boat by actually making her get help.

I would be prepared to bet that a good part of the reason you don't feel bad is because right now you only have the capacity for so much emotion and at the moment it's being taken up by relief. Right now, you don't have to put up with an abusive mother. As I said, if she actually treated you well I'm certain you would feel bad about the whole thing because you already showed me you care about the woman!

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your so right you know . My dad is ignoring me now and wouldn't talk to me , two days ago I got punished for not giving my mom a hug before she left for work because I was sleeping and tried . My dad made me give her 100 dollars .

9. Techno Kid

For what!! That is sooo weird to be asked to give one parent money from another... :dry:

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yep it was for rent and she told me the day after she told me the money I pay the house whole bills with / rent on a minimum wage salary does not count .

11. Kat 5

Well. She did abuse you. You aren't a horrible person for not caring for the one who almost choked you to death when you were a teenager.

12. Techno Kid

If there was already an agreement for rent based on your income than they are being dishonest if they make you pay more.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah they are , currently getting a CD to store away money to leave .

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2014 at 04:59 PM ----------

It' s just what my dad said made me feel bad :icon_sad:

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are not obliged to love your parents. Ever. Especially such an abusive and horrible person who has done you no good.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You guys are right I'm not obliged and I think that's parents way of making me feel guilty