1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Issues

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Apr 12, 2014.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

What are some of the bisexual issues that need to be solved ?

2. Sorceress of Az

If your bi people tend to be under the misconception that your slutty, and cant be faithful in a relationship.
    Which is some thing I find offensive.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's the biggest one :thumbsup: I'm not bi but I feel bad when I see biphobia happening

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or appearently they don't exist or can't make up their minds.....

5. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I been called a hore cause people assume I sleep with everybody

6. 101DeadRoses

"Experimenting" "Promiscuos" "Unfaithful"... I like girls, I like guys, so? I am not even that interested in any sexual activity at the moment. I do notice big, juicy booties...

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First and foremost, for society to realize and accept that BISEXUALITY EXISTS.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've heard this from a straight man that said there is no middle group men are just straight or gay I told well keep holding on to that security blanket and he said I'm desional if I think men can bisexual . I even asked a few times if a gay man sleeps with men and women does it make him gay or bisexual most of them said gay . Clearly bi men make straight men insecure that they have to erase them

9. Sorceress of Az

Their just jealous that they don't have as many options as us. lol

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's right

11. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You know it's not just straight men, right? It's gay men and straight women too. I know some gay guys who think having any form of sex with members of the same sex make you a an in denial gay man. With straight women it seems some think that being bisexual means you're just promiscuous but really straight deep down inside.

I think most can agree when I say it's a pain in the ass when no one in LGBT+ community wants to have anything to do with you due to stereotypes and uneducated assumptions about your sexuality.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard that from straight men, gay men, straight women, gay women, and bisexual women, so basically anyone who isn't a bisexual man. Not surprisingly, it's usually the guys who are unyielding and totally against the idea, while the girls are simply more suspicious, and going by what they see and hear (from men).

Admitting that bisexuality is a valid orientation, and that there are plenty of men who are not 100% gay or straight would be threatening for several reasons, but key among them might be the fact that sexuality isn't some strict binary, and totally "normal" people around us fall somewhere between the two extremes. In a world where homophobia and sexism are so commonplace, this would bring huge changes to how we perceive and interact, and change usually scares people.

13. yidnah87

-Bi people have a higher suicide rate than gays/lesbians.
    -Bi people are frequently erased as either gay or straight, depending on the gender of their partner.
    -Bi people are frequently disregarded/overlooked by the LGBT community, and there is plenty of biphobia from gay and straight people alike.
    -Bi people are much less likely to be 'out' than gays/lesbians. According to a recent survey, 28% of bisexuals are out, vs. 71% of lesbians and 77% of gay men. If broken down by gender, only 12% of bi men are out vs. a third of bi women. It's simply not 'cool' for a man to be bi in our society.

14. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I want the whole world to understand that !

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So true and your right it's not just straight men

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2014 at 08:53 PM ----------

Yep

16. ThisIsTheKenneth

Out Status:
    All but family
    That'd be a good start

17. fortheloveoflez

I think it would be nice to have more visibility for the bi community. People tend to only think in gay or straight terms which is inadequate to say the least.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah maybe bisexuals should educate people on what a bisexual actually is because they have a huge bunch of problems in their community that is a huge problem for them and how the myths came about .

1. People that impersonate them and pretend to be bi because it's cool that give real bisexuals a bad name . The the bisexual orientation has a lot of impersonators and when I say lot it's a lot .

2. The media that further push these stereotypes on bisexual people and would even do it for tv ratings ( which let us all be honest that's one of the biggest place everyone got these stereotypes about bisexuals from . )

3. Now I know you'll hate me for this one Actual bisexuals that don't fit these awful stereotypes at all but prefer to say their either gay , straight , or lesbian . Now what's bad is that they chose cowardliness than actually standing up for themselves and teaching people a valuable lesson about actual bi people . Now you can't blame them for hiding or choosing not to label themselves as bi because of the first two listed above things are pretty bad for them .

My 2 cents .:slight_smile: Take it or leave it love it or hate it .

#18 stocking, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  19. IsThisAName

Biphobia within the LGBT community is a huge thing. I find it sad that so many lesbians say they wouldn't date a bisexual girl because they would "leave them from a man" or the amount of lesbians who think bisexuality isn't real or that it's just people who can't make up their mind. Part of me is relieved that I'm most likely gay and not bisexual just so I don't have to deal with that prejudice. The main reason I find it so sad is because those who are gay know prejudice all to well, so to give that same prejudice to someone who's bisexual because of their sexual orientation is hypocritical and pretty unfortunate.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are no "bisexual issues."

There is heterosexism, which is a straight issue, and bisexual hatred, which is a gay and lesbian issue.

#20 Pret Allez, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014