1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a creature of habit?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Apr 14, 2014.

1. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To some extent, I think we all have little habits and rituals that we build into our daily/weekly routines, but are you a creature of habit? In other words, do you have lots and lots of little habits, routines or rituals?

Care to share any of them?

I have very few when I think about it. I'm quite random in the way I do things, which is partly dictated by my working pattern and lifestyle.

2. Hexagon

Not really. I'm so bad at remembering to do anything habitually I have to use my phone to remind me.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very. I have a series of routines that govern how I do things, from the daily schedule to how I wash my face and brush my teeth. Every hour of every day is scheduled. Although my free time is scheduled, it's whatever I want it to be (there's only so much routine possible without going mad).

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really. I do have routines, but this is more because I have an autistic child and so try to keep things ordered and in routine to make things easier for him. This is especially true in the morning and at bed time.

As for me personally when I'm by myself, then no.

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. PurpleGrey

I am very much a creature of habit, but instead of keeping me in line and getting things done, this prevents me from fulfilling my obligations.

By that, I mean my habits are morning internet, drop sister off at school, more internet, Netflix, eat at some point, then chores. I've been trying to fix this.

My mom says I'm a creature of habit because I like to watch the same movies over and over. I don't really see a problem there, since over and over just means that having seen something already does not put me off of watching it. Okay, and I can be slow to watch new crap.

6. Emulator

I don't really have habits or routines that I stick strictly to. Daily life is pretty much what I want to do and what needs to be done mixed together.

7. Cass

I like to sit in the same spot in classrooms and my house
    If that counts

8. IsThisAName

Kinda yes, kinda no. I catch myself doing the same things sometimes but I get bored if I do it too much and need to switch up my routine a bit. For example I usually drive the same way back and forth to class everyday, but about once a week I need to drive a different way or else I'll get extremely bored.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes I am I'm not want to change very easily but lately I have been but I do a lot of stuff out of habit one of the things my mom can not stand about me .