1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think I overreacted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by happydavid, Apr 16, 2014.

1. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I go to church singing group on a Wednesday evening and enjoy it very much but today our officer who in the leader was making homophobic hand gestures. I shouted I beg your pardon and at the end walked out without saying a word.

I'm now feeling guilty. Does any one have any ideas on how I could have coped better with the situation.

I have mentioned it before but I'm not sure if I should correct a minister. :tantrum:

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Can you explain what the hand gesture was?

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to explain you know the limp hand gesture

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

The "fabulous" hand wave?

I think I know what you're talking about. Heck, I would have left too, specially if the church you go to is suppose to be at least respectful to gays & lesbians.

5. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would have done the same because isn't god supposed to be accepting to everyone and in this term the priest messenger to god is making discriminating gestures is not right. You can actually get him done for hat, if he knew u was gay or lesbian and hes still made he gestures, thats discrimination and it's a law that was introduced in 1999 but all discrimination acts protection was in 2010. If you are really upset and want to pursue legal actions(Section 28) I would back you up 100%.

Dont feel bad for walking out you had ever right to as it came across as an insuly

6. Joelouis

If he was aiming the gestures at you then I'm not surprised you walked out.
    In these situations, I am pretty quick-witted and can come out with many remarks ad lib. However, my remarks can be quite cruel to them to the extent that I'm then seen as the bad guy and they forget about what the guy said first.

Saying that, maybe he was making such remarks out of ignorance?

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the minister came in and swore blind that when Jesus performed the miracle of the loves and the fishes he insisted on charging every person 2 gold coins per loaf and then spent the money on a sweet new cloak, would you correct him?

If the minister came in and beat a homeless man on the church doorstep, would you call him up on it?

If the minister came in and said that contrary to popular opinion, the meek won't inherit the earth, but will in point-of-fact be forced into servitude, would you mention it to him?

These people aren't infallible.