1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My don't bi girls understand why lesbians are insecure ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This isn't meant to be offensive or mean . But if a lesbian says she doesn't want to date a bi girl because of the fear of losing her to a man some bisexual girls will say you can lose her to a girl but even if you lose her to a guy what's the big deal , and some bi chicks will say they don't get why lesbians are scared of bi women leaving them for a man then say a person can leave me for a guy or girl but but I don't care why do lesbians care if their left for a guy . Is it safe to say bi girls just don't get why lesbians are insecure ?:confused:

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it's safe to say that some gay girls just don't get bisexuality at all. You can lose a girl to another girl if she's gay, too, as you already mentioned. There's no reason to be insecure apart from not respecting and trusting bisexuals. You're quite literally asking "why do bi girls not understand why I refuse to understand them?"

Not meant to be offensive or mean? The rest of it certainly is, and is really inappropriate for an LGBT forum.

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They have a point though. Why is it so much worse for a lesbian to lose her bisexual girlfriend to a guy, than to a girl? I don't understand the paranoia surrounding this particular issue. If your girlfriend leaves you, I'm pretty sure the gender of the person they left you for will be irrelevant.

4. Techno Kid

Yeah why do lesbians care if they are left for a guy?

#4 Techno Kid, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your statement when you say there is no reason to be insecure is the problem between bi girls and lesbians . Now bi girls are right when they say a woman can leave us for another woman . Now Me personally I would date a bisexual woman as long as I like her and she was the monogamous type .

Sorry if it came off offensive guess I didn't word it properly

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're saying it like all bi girls are unfaithful...

Who is to say they won't leave you for another GIRL?

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    And that's the problem bi girls don't get it . I'll explain the reason why some lesbians worry about losing a girl to a guy is because from very young we are told we're not good enough because we do not have a penis , we are told the sex we have with women is not sex and if a woman sleeps with us no matter how many times she is still a virgin .

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2014 at 03:24 PM ----------

I'm just recalling what I saw people say and not all bi girls are unfaithful . I'm just listed the stuff lesbians say to bi girls why they wouldn't date them .
    but if bi girls understood where the insecurity came from maybe we can both get along

8. Techno Kid

How is that bi girls faults though?

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why are you blaming bi girls for your own insecurity? Regardless of whether it's your fault or not, you're still putting all the blame on bi girls for the problems sexism has placed on your relationships with bi women. This borders on being hateful, and is definitely ridiculous.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because lesbian sex isn't seen as real sex

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2014 at 03:33 PM ----------

I'm not I'm saying maybe if bi girls got why lesbians have that insecure maybe the two of us would be able to worth through it and lesbians wouldn't be so insecure about this anymore . Because to be honest this insecurity doesn't even have anything to do with bi girls in my opinion . I'm not putting the blame on bi women , I was thinking maybe if they understood us maybe we can reach an understanding

11. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, it seems now that people are calling you out on your error you just switched your argument to be about sexism. Seriously, if a girl left you to be with a man it could be for serveral reasons: they don't feel the current relationship is working out, they perhaps now identify as straight or they are legitimately cheating on you (which isn't exclusive or more common with bisexuals).

The same argument can be made by gay guy and a bisexual man, with the bi guy deciding to leave the gay guy because he doesn't feel the sex is legit with the guy because there's no vagina. Does that make any sense? Nope. :dry:

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not their fault but if they understood like I said before maybe there wouldn't be so much hostility between lesbians and bisexual women that's what the whole thread is about .

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're taking the poor me stance here. You think these thoughts aren't contemplated by gay men or those in the trans community being left for someone else?

Blaming one group of people for one person being an asshole is wrong and looking for pity (I'm guessing a bi girl hurt you).

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because lesbian sex isn't seen as real sex

Not wanting to put too fine a point on it, but how much of that thought comes directly from your father?

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I never switched It's because bi girls don't get why lesbians are insecure which causes us to have problems but if one understood the other we would get along right ? :confused:

16. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Humans are weird. They have insecurities about all types of shit. Not understanding those insecurities doesn't make a person an asshole and having those insecurities doesn't make someone hateful. I personally don't have that insecurity. I don't get it myself, but for some girls it's a thing for whatever their reasons are. I'm sure someone could spend an hour explaining why it's an issue for them and I still wouldn't get it because I just don't feel the same way and that's fine. Insecurities don't need to be validated or proven "correct" by having people understand or accept them, they're just how you feel and you live your life accordingly. You have them or you don't, you agree with them or you don't. Outside of yourself it doesn't matter. Bi girls don't have to "get it," just like gay girls don't have to not be paranoid about it if they don't want to. If a gay chick doesn't want to date a bi girl for xyz reasons, then she won't date one. She'll be with someone she can not be paranoid about. Does a bi girl become a little less bi every time a lesbian won't date them? No, so who gives a fuck? If the bi girl thinks a gay girl has trust issues over stupid shit and doesn't want to date her, she'll find one that doesn't have those issues. And for both people, life will go on.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, RedMage is right about the change in argument. And this seems pretty damned similar (at least the English was equally incoherent) to the anonymous thread about a lesbian not trusting her bisexual girlfriend. :dry:

And even with your new argument, you're still placing the responsibility on bi women having to understand your insecurities.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I repeat again it is not bi girls fault but If they understood that we lesbians and this is not all lesbians had this insecurity maybe their wouldn't be soo much hostility between us .
    And if your thinking of me personally I would date a bisexual girl . It's not looking for pity because if one group understood why the other was insecure they can work together to find common ground .

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure where this perceived hostility between lesbians and bisexuals comes from...

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not their responsibility I'm not placing anything on them what i'm saying is if one new the root of the other's insecurity both of them would be able to work their differences and their would be less hostility . This is why I say bisexual girls don't get it they don't understand why lesbian girls are insecure and are quick to point the finger at them for being insecure instead of trying to find an understanding of each other . Kinda similar to this thread which is the problem with bisexual and lesbian women to this day because both aren't trying to understand the other . That is why there is hostility

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2014 at 03:43 PM ----------

It comes from lesbians insecurity which is part of it the other part is lesbians thinking bi women can't be faithful .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.