1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Cass

So I've been dreaming about death lately, not my own, but like witnessing death

Anyone have any idea why ?

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been told before that dreams are just a messed up display of your subconscious, but I'm not entirely sure how true that is.

In all honesty, I'm scared of my dreams, because so many of them involve death as well. They're mostly about my death though. There have been so many where I've died and become a ghost of some sort. However, these kinds of dreams would make sense for me.

3. Reed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally understand psychology you are having these dreams because you were somehow traumatized at a very young age but you can't remember it so your mind is coming up with somthing scary or disturbing

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have some weird ass dreams in fact last night I had a dream that robots took over the world.

5. Kat 5

Random firing of the synapses. Your brain is just using knowledge about things to make random-ass fantasies.

6. setnyx

there is alot of death around us day to day. tv shows ~ video games ~ news shows/papers. our subconscious sees and stores it all. as a person we change/evole all the time. death as in the tarot usually means some kind of change. then of course we also replay those things around us trying to make sense of it.

7. Nikky DoUrden

I had a dream seeing myself dead when I was realllly young :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you worried about something?

9. Foxface

I am sorry to pick at this post but this is a very dangerous thing to say to someone without knowledge of their life. Telling someone they are repressing trauma can cause undue anxiety so I would be careful in throwing that sort of charge around

Cass,

As I say to anyone I talk dreams about, I am not here to analyze you and clearly do not know your life story and am not asking as is policy in a safe environment like EC

Death often indicates a rebirth or an end of an era if you will. When witnessing an external death (as you've mentioned) it would be valuable to know who you are seeing die in the dream. If it is a stranger then again this could be the subconscious leaning towards the end of some phase of your life or thinking. Death often carries with it the idea of rebirth as well. It's also possible that this is a means of birthing some new phase or identity in your life. Of course death can also indicate fear. Again I am not asking you to tell the world or even me, but consider if there is a fear in your waking life that you are facing

If you throw out some details of the dream (especially if the dream is recurrent) I would be happy to do a simple surface analysis of the symbols involved

10. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had 5 dreams about seeing my own dead body in the past month or so. I'm almost scared to sleep