1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glasses/Contact wearers: Near-sighted or far-sighted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Apr 18, 2014.

?

Near-sighted, far-sighted, astigmatism, or other?

1. Near-sighted

45 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Far-sighted

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Astigmatism

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Other (please specify)

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering of the members of EC who wear "corrective lenses" as the Secretary of State calls them, are you near-sighted, far-sighted, astigmatism, or other?

I wear contacts and I'm very near sighted. I wore glasses from when I was 7 until I was 14 and I'll never go back. I love contacts. I also wear the cheap daily ones, where you wear them for one day and pitch them.

2. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    is this some sort of survey? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nearsighted.

4. IsThisAName

Near sighted in my left eye, far sighted in the right. When I got my eye test last year, I couldn't even read the big E with my left eye. My doctor was like "ok, first row!" and I told him "uh, I know it's an E, but I can't even see it." He was like "ok then, let's switch to the other eye now!" :roflmao: It was bad. I'm terrible about wearing my contacts because really I don't suffer without them unless I'm trying to read things far away. Once I actually wear my contacts though, I realize just how much they help and how truly blind I am. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    i luv your sig!
    Doge <3

6. IsThisAName

^ Thank you :grin: I love your username, assuming it's Madonna related! :slight_smile: LOVE that album.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I've got astigmatism. Used to wear glasses but broke pair and couldn't afford to get new pair and prescription. Been like 3 years since, lol. Insurance doesn't fucking cover vision either.

8. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup it is! Yay! :slight_smile:

9. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am farsighted and I also have astigmatism. On the poll I picked farsightedness because that's my main problem.

10. apostrophied

I said nearsighted because it's my strongest diagnosis, but I also have astigmatism, so I guess I should have voted "other."

11. Ruthven

I'm near-sighted. But it's not like so bad, like i can see shit, but especially when it's more at a distance, it's not as clear as it can be, it's like standard definition. When I first wore prescribed glasses I was like "everything's in HD!!" lol but I haven't wore my glasses in a few years cuz those nose things are gone and those long parts that sit on your ears are kinda messed up too i think.

So it's like, i hope i can get some new ones at some point i dunno. Cuz it's nice to have HD vision, and I have trouble readin shit from a distance.

12. AlamoCity

Nearsighted with slight astigmatism. Been wearing glasses since about second grade. Pretty bad vision without them at about -5.25 diopters in each eye.

I wear glasses and will never wear contacts. Plus, I think I actually look better with glasses :lol:.

13. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Blind from more than a foot away. Fortunately, I currently sport very fetching specs, if I do say so myself.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had glasses since I was 7 or 8 and I didn't get contacts until I was in the 7th or 8th grade maybe. I stick to glasses since I have "special eyes" and it's a bitch and a half to get corrective contacts (I have a weird astigmatism in both eyes with two different prescriptions) and the care that comes with them can be costly...and being a night owl I don't feel like dealing with pulling lenses out of my eyes at 4am when my eyes hurt. I also haven't seen an eye doctor in about a year and a half so I haven't been able to get my contacts adjusted. I can still see fine with them, but text is slightly blurred.

15. Joelouis

My eyes were something like -7 to -7.5. I was so short/near sighted, I'd have someone call my name from across the road and just call back "hello" cos I couldn't make out who they were!

I had glasses for driving but didn't like them so switched to contacts and over wore them so much my capillaries (I think that's what they're called) grew too close to my iris so the optician said they'd have to stop the contact lenses, and I'd have to go back to glasses.

So I went down the other path and chose laser surgery. It was really quick and I felt nothing in surgery. A few hours later I had absolute perfect vision. Unfortunately, I had such a heavy prescription, some of my cornea has grown back (or something like that), so I will go back to the same place to have another blast of the laser. Only this time - due to internal scarring - my eye can't be cut with the laser, so they'll use the blade instead.

A word of warning: all that talk they give in their advertisements about how cheap the procedure is, is not what you end up paying!

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm extremely nearsighted. And as you can see I wear and have a thing for glasses.

17. Jethro702

Im nearsighted. I took off my glasses to see how bad, the computer screen a foot in front of me was blurry.... So I'm guessing my eyes are that bad. lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wear glasses, I can barely put eye-drops in, so I don't think there is a way I can get contacts in.

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear 3.25 in my right eye, and 4.0 in my left eye, by the way.

19. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nearsighted. I've worn glasses since the 7th grade because I couldn't see the blackboard from the back of the room. I only really need to wear them when I go out or if there is a really good movie on TV that I want to see better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(psst, nearsighted means you can't focus on far away objects. If your computer screen is blurry you are farsighted)

20. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not necessarily. When you're farsighted your eyes mostly get strained. When you're nearsighted stuff that is far away gets blurry. "Far away" depends on how bad your vision is. For some people that could be the computer screen.