1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay people dating genderqueers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    What do you think of that? I've heard of some genderqueers who even refuse to date bisexuals.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do I count (since I'm non-binary)? I have a boyfriend, and he loves me unconditionally :slight_smile: I've just got to have a male-ish appearance around him, and I'll be fine. Doesn't mean he will hate me and block me if I don't.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    If both people are happy, I'm all for it. :slight_smile:

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't see why not. I'm genderqueer and I date lesbians just fine. It also helps that I'm kind of closeted about it though (I really wouldn't want it to lower my dating pool...)

5. Cass

I think it's stupid to worry about it. People are people regardless of gender or sexuality and they should date whoever makes them happy

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this motion. :thumbsup:

7. AlamoCity

As a gay man, I personally would probably not date a genderqueer person because I am attracted to maleness. That said, if I happen to be smitten by one, I suppose I'd let nature take it's course with the relationship.

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not? Will the label police come and remove our homosexuality? :lol:

I'd date a genderqueer person, as long as I was attracted to them, which does require some level of masculinity.

9. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe. I think some genderqueers feel like dating a gay or straight person invalidates their identity.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

To me it doesn't, ironically. I consider myself genderless and I don't mind people being attracted to my biological sex, as long as they don't expect me to be femme or think completely like a woman.

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only if they expect me to conform to gender roles associated with my biological sex. Really, I'm not any more gender-deviant than your average cross dresser or campy/flaming gay man, just in different ways that might fly under most people's radars.

12. Techno Kid

To me dating say a straight girl would make be feel dysporic since she would more likely want me to be butch or something. With a gay/ bi boy or another non-binary I would feel more comfortable.

13. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait, did you mean "are you okay with gays and GQs dating"? I honestly don't care. If said GQ was "smashing the gender binary", as they say, I might do a double-take due to general... queerness, but I wouldn't give it much more thought unless the couple got me involved.

As for me? Let's just say that generally, the GQ community and I don't get along so well.
    As far as my personal experience goes, the average political views of a GQ individual are very left-wing, and many of them have radical politics. I don't like radicalism, and people have gotten angry at me for being "too Republican" (never mind that I'm not even of voting age!). I generally frown upon pronouns besides he, she, and they. Depending on the GQ I'm talking to, this could be a problem.

Yes, the above paragraph is basically one giant generalization, but the entire story of my rivalry with a faction of GQs spans a series of novels, a manga spinoff, a movie, several videogames, and an essay which I don't want to write. Of course, if I'm misinformed, corrections would be appreciated.

14. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I certainly don't think there's anything wrong gay people dating genderqueers if two individuals fall in love with each other.

I'm not sure if I could date a genderqueer though, because as a gay guy I am attracted exclusively to the male sex/gender, although I do like somewhat androgynous-looking males. There's just something special about maleness though that would be missing from a genderqueer person.

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Can my answer be no but yes? I mean.. alot really depends on the person themself...

16. TheUglyBarnacle

I'd definitely date a gay girl.

17. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Love is more important than labels...