1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's our opposition LOL

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mnguy, Apr 8, 2007.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please read this article. This is yet another example of the pseudo-science that is brought against us and saddly, many uneducated people believe. They hear the story, but never look to see if it's legit. This "research" is most definately not legit!

http://www.planetout.com/news/article.html?2007/04/04/3

2. GoodOlMe

Ha Ha, how dense can people get. One's sexual oreintation has no effect on life expectancy, speakin in terms of health, not lifestyle. I would have believed that a while ago when the AIDS epidemic was infecting more of the homosexual population, but even then I am starting to think that was blown out of proportion due to the hate most people have towards gays, theres my two cents but I'm not sure any of its right.

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly! This same type of reduced life expectancy was published years ago, I think by the same guy, based on the same method of looking at obituaries. What do people fear is being taught in school in regard to homosexuality? These people make it sound like schools are telling kids that they should be gay, that it's great and they should at least try it. Kids should get to hear about the Kinsey scale so they realize that not all people are 100% straight and that this is normal for us. If people can understand that from an early age, hopefully the discrimination and hate will end.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I recently gave testimony to the Oregon Senate on anti-discrimination and a retired Senator that opposses gay rights, used this stuff in his testimony. It's crazy and people still believe this stuff!

5. Qu_

Qu_ Guest

I really wish all opposition to homosexuality was this stupid...

6. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Unfortunately the junk science is for now winning the day in a lot of places. Also sad is the fact that statistics (ie- studies) can prove out points depending on the agenda and the way it is set up. That this study flawed is without doubt, but it will be cited time and time again. Knowing how the study was set up, whether or not blind samples are a part, criteria of what is inclusive or what constitutes exclusion are all important, but unless you are able to get the whole study (most won't or can't read) then it is hard to actually know its validity. Again, this particular study is flawed.

7. GuitarGirl1350

the words "religious right" and "anti-gay propaganda" should show any educated person red flags.
    The problem is no one's educated.

"While Paul Cameron's "research" is being lapped up by God-bothering Web sites, he is regarded as something of a joke by the science community and anybody aware of his controversial history"
    Well thank god the scientific community has it's head on straight.
    Too bad the god-botherers don't.

At least he's been discredited.
    Dickweed.

8. LowestVocal017

What great entertainment Dr. Camaroon brings to people around. I'm definately having a great time watching people like him make a total fool of themselves. *Munches on popcorn* Got any more news about these clowns, mnguy? :biggrin: :biggrin:

9. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They are clowns for sure!! I can't think of anything in particular right now, but I'll post if I do. I came across that while reading the news on planetout.com. Good site!

Maybe check out truthwinsout.org or soulforce.org. The stories about this year's Soulforce Riders are at times very sad for the pure ignorance they run into, yet inspiring for they change they work to bring.

10. LowestVocal017

Hmhm, well, try these two clowns for size!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Opvvqjz6trk

:icon_mrgr

snippits from "wife's" monologue-
    "...not only has Sabastian overcome his homosexuality, but he has overcome sexuality altogether!"

"...Biology doesn't stand a chance against Jesus!"

*roll eyes* :rolleyes:

11. LorenzG1950

12. Camikila

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :tantrum: that is terrible. some of the things I just read...:eek: it's disgusting... it's hard enough to be happy and accepted without these people making it harder. hate speech is just disgusting... when will people understand that we're just people?

#12 Camikila, Apr 18, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2007