1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Have This Problem?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoodOlMe, Apr 8, 2007.

1. GoodOlMe

Most of you probably have the same problem I do. So for those of us that are gay, sometimes we run into problems with the opposite sex being attracted to us. Like the other night at a party this chick was all up on me and wanted to make out, which I got out of somehow. Am I makin any sense? Do you guys/girls have these problems, and if so how do you deal with them?

2. xequar

I know this has happened to me, but I sometimes am naturally oblivious, so most times, it just kind of works out like that...

But, I do have a female friend that I knew was attracted to me. I tried to politely dodge without making her feel bad, but as I've been coming out, I finally just came out to her. I, of course, tried to do it gently, but I think she still took it hard.

So, in your case, if it's a random member of the opposite sex, you have several choices-being oblivious works if you don't know the person too well, lying is never a great option but might get you out of a tight spot with someone you don't know, and then, telling the truth is probably the trickiest, but you can be certain that it'll work.

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I've been there too and it sucks for the most part! The one positive is that it's nice for people to be interested in you, but you won't be interested in the same way in return and you have to fend of the advances somehow. That's where the problem lies for me. I don't want to hurt these girls' feelings, and I want to be nice about it. If you're too gentle, however, they may keep pursuing so it's a fine line. If you don't care about their feelings you could be a jerk and that'll scare them off, but I hope we won't treat others that way. The honest answer that you're gay would be the best since it's not your fault, but that's not an option if you're not ready to announce that.

4. Kimi

Well, since I like guys and girls I don't really have that problem...:eusa_thin

But even though girls pisses me off quite sometimes...
    It's not same but sometimes I do get similar situations. Though it's really rare:eusa_doh:

Anyways, I usually try to give what they want from me but sometimes I told them "Look, I suck cock" but I really don't wanna girls to feel bad by saying it...I don't say that as much as I wish:bang:

If I was at party, and girl wanted to make out then, I will...I mean just make out ok?
    If I really don't want to then I just gonna laugh and dodge:tongue:
    If she doesn't back off then I tell them truth:eek:

Though I usually go somewhere else if she' insistent before I get piss off:tantrum:

5. GoodOlMe

Hm, well the whole idea of saying "i like cock" would not really work for me, due to the fact i am in a closet with 10 ft walls made of steel. And I'm a very big people pleaser so I could never be a jerk to them. Maybe I'll just fart when they are leaning in to kiss and then burp in there face :grin: I'm sure that would get them off haha :icon_bigg

6. Double Dubya

I think this is the best response possible lol :grin:

7. ampthejazz

I do have that problem sometimes. Sometimes I bring up that I'm gay, and sometimes I don't even realize that I'm flirting with people, which can be an even bigger problem. Those situations get really annoying* because as soon as they start flirting with me, I don't want to be like, "Sorry, I'm gay," because that sounds cocky. That's like saying, "I can see that you're attracted to me, but sorry, I like penises."

*I don't mean to sound ungrateful. Whenever anyone's attracted to me, girl or guy, it's flattering.

8. Micah

Yeah I've had that a few times too =)

I was sitting in one of the malls here in Melbourne in the food court, waiting for my boyfriend of the time to pick me up so we could go to a party.

Anyhow, this girl walks up to me and sits down next to me with her phone out and shes like "hey...look me and my friends are going to need your number"

Obviously I'm a little startled by her directness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So im like "oh? ummmmmm"

And she looked at me and goes "ooh damn do you have a girlfriend?"

and I'm like - "actually....Boyfriend"

The look on her face was quite priceless =]

9. ampthejazz

Dave that's pretty hilarious.:eusa_clap

10. Qu_

Qu_ Guest

I usually pull the "friends" card. I know, weak right?

11. GuitarGirl1350

I had a boy who had a crush on me since 5th grade. I knew it, but I never asked him out or anything for obvious reasons. He flirted with me wildly and I let him, because I knew his phase for me would pass. I didn't want to hurt the guy. Finally, in 8th grade he asked me to a school dance, which required a pass, two minutes before the last bell. I politely told him no, my teacher handed out passes this morning. I'm sorry. I could see him hurt, but that was the best excuse I knew.
    9th grade (last year) I had a party and when he left, he came back to say goodbye. I was in my bedroom with one of my other friends. He hugged me, and went to kiss me. I turned my cheek and he kissed me there instead. He then tried to blow it off like nothing happened by doing a gay boy limp wrist imitation and going "air kiss!" and being all weird. And kissing the air around my cheeks. I wasn't amused, and I guess he could tell, he stopped talking to me for three months. (I'm assuming out of hurt- not anger.)
    This year he started talking to me on the first day of school again and I just came clean. I said "I know what you were trying to do, you're a great guy and I love you dearly as a friend, but I'm gay." I could tell he was hurt again and he asked if it was just an excuse to not go out with him. I said "No, it's not that at all. You're incredible and I think of you as my brother and my best friend. I wouldn't lie to you." I try to be very gentle because I didn't want to hurt him.
    My advice is to be honest but nice.

12. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i go with the "you remind me so much of my sister"

13. GoodOlMe

haha, what if they are incest?

14. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ummm yucko :eek:

15. GuitarGirl1350

ewwwie
    *backs out of the thread*

16. GoodOlMe

haha, ya never know. People these days. Maybe thats why I have webbed fingers and 9 toes. hahahah
    J/k by the way, I have normal fingers and all ten toes, but my friend only has 9, wierd huh?

17. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    a little weird. was it a birth defect or some sort of accident?

18. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah ive got a couple of chicks chasing me at the moment YUK!!!!! :tantrum:
    one girl is always texting me and phoning me at home. She is quite nice but im a bit frightened that she might want more than just a chat. :redface:

19. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hey Jayden - are you really still "Straight but curious", or do you need to edit your profile a bit? :wink:

20. dea

dea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I have that problem too, but many guys just get more insistant when I tell them I'm a les...their egos think they can change me, ya know? *rolls eyes* I usually just try to ignore it