1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What attracts people to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IkNoWmE, Apr 19, 2014.

1. IkNoWmE

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's funny, the older I get the more people compliment my eyes. I have always had the same eyes!?! They're more than just compliments though and it is from all walks of life, men, women, old, and young. Flattering, yes, of course but why all the sudden? So strange.

2. IsThisAName

Physically, I've never had anyone tell me specifically what attracts me to them. I've only dated guys and they tended to be vague. "Cute," "hot," etc. :rolle: But personality wise, I've been told several times I'm very genuine and that I light up a room. To me, that's just as good as any compliment on my appearance. :slight_smile:

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A gigantic and ridiculously powerful magnet.
    Blood contains iron, after all.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I've gotten compliments on my eyes but I think they're boring. Otherwise I dunno. The few people who crushed on me that talked to me about it gave generic reasons. (smart, funny, nice, all the stuff you say when you cant think of what to say) xD and I think a big part of the reason I never connected with those people is they were oblivious to qualities I'd want to be liked for in a relationship.

5. IkNoWmE

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never literally asked anyone that question, that would kind of be uncomfortable and putting someone on the spot. It's just noticeably often the older I get. I used to think it was the position I hold in some cases, people who are attracted to authority. I'm sure that is rare but sadly true in some.

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard people say that they can talk about everything with me and they know I will always understand them. I just give off some kind of vibe. I'm always the weird friend :grin: about appearance.. I have olive skin tone, black hair and dark brown eyes and where I live people are fair skinned and so many people with blond hair so let say maybe that "exotic" look. I don't know.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing, unfortunately...

But I intend to change that.

8. Lorn

People have complimented my hair (naturally curly) and my soft voice. I wish more people liked my sense of humor, but it's something that can easily touch a nerve or be confusing.

9. IkNoWmE

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can find something attractive in every person I meet, even if I don't care for who they are.

10. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People say I am very genuine and I care a lot. I try to make the work environment fun which makes my co-workers happy. I work with the public and I just ask them about their day and well it makes them happy which makes me happy. My sister came up to me one day and told me, "Without you there they all look like zombies." I took it as a compliment. For some reason I can pretty much talk to anyone like we are friends already lol. Many of my co-workers ask me if I know the person and 99% of the time I have never met them in my life except for that moment-of course, the customers come back so... To be honest, I have no clue why people gravitate towards me. I just try to be fun and some reason it makes people want to get to know me more. My brother in law said out of the blue that I am the best sister in law he could have ever asked for. I was really surprised by this, just because it was unexpected. He thanked me for always being their for my niece, nephew, him and my sister. I actually felt amazing when he said this because wow people see me in a totally different light then I see myself. I talk about my niece and nephew a lot to everyone I know because I just love those little ones so much-I pretty much get as excited as a parent would for their child. My sister jokingly called me their second mom once lol because I am always around. In addition I did have a friend of mine whom I have known since I started college 5 years ago tell me that I have always motivated her to keep going in school and that I have always been there. This actually made my month just because I did not expect it. Overall, people say I am fun to be around and know how to listen. When someone wants to talk I just listen and most people are so nervous that I would repeat it- I honestly believe I have no place in repeating it so I don't. However I do have to learn to share things about myself with people because I rarely do this at times. It is hard to decipher why someone would like me lol. It isn't something I think about very often and if I do I question why they shouldn't be (this is when I am down in the dumps).

#10 Wolf123, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  11. Nikky DoUrden

I can agree with that! :slight_smile:

But for the topic my answer is - nothing :dry:

12. Emulator

Never been told anything like that before, so I don't know...

13. IkNoWmE

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know that confidence is a factor for sure with people along with people who are naturally accommodating towards others in general, my ex is that way and we are still extremely close today. People whether they recognize it or not are intuitive on attraction at any level.

14. Yosia

I can answer what repels people but not attracts XD

15. Sarcastic Luck

When I find out, I'll tell you.

16. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some would say I'm sweet but I guess it depends if people I am with are also sweet and open to it. But other than that I don't know really.

17. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing from a physical side. I'm hideous. My kindness is what people are attractive to :-D

18. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably my boobs.

19. AlamoCity

Besides an old lady (with Alzheimer's, mind you) who called me "tall, dark, and handsome," I really haven't received much compliments on my physical looks in real life, so I can't tell what would attract people to me in that regards.

I hope my kindness, idiosyncrasies, intellect, personality, and other intangible qualities attract people to me.

20. XRay

Physically, usually people compliment my eyelashes and my nose :eusa_eh:
    Personallity, I think the best thing about me which makes people like me is that I'm very open minded person

#20 XRay, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014