1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That pesky biological clock...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gates, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always wanted kids and over the last two years, it's like I'm going crazy. I want kids but even if I were married, I'm not in a place with my career/ finances where I could start a family. To further complicate things, I often feel that I'll be single forever, which makes me consider surrogacy rather than adoption, which is sometimes more difficult as a single person. I dunno... Maybe I'm just paranoid. Still, every time I see a kid, especially ones that look like me, I just think "I want a daughter," "I want a son." :tears: The fact that I can't start a family for at least another 6 years is maddening. :bang:grin:oes anyone else have this problem?

2. fortheloveoflez

I can imagine how awful that must feel. I'm not at that stage yet but I can imagine that I would feel that way in a matter of years.

Good news for you though, medicine and health services have advanced to the point in which people are able to have children later on in life than it would be in nature. I know couples in their 50s who have children. So there is definite hope. And you'd be 32 in six years, that is definitely young by current child-bearing standards.

But still. Ya....the biological clock thing does suck because it doesn't go in line really with the current model of society. Many people are still in school even up until their 30s for example... I can definitely understand that.

3. Nikky DoUrden

You can have kids even at later age, just recently I think I heard of couple at the age of 60 that had a child, so don't worry in that aspect, I believe giving it time you will both get a partner you love and your career will flurish, and then might even be a perfect time!!
    Just don't give up, have a goal and know you're gonna make it! (*hug*)

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is why I most likely would adopt rather than have kids of my own.

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ack! I didn't mean physically have kids! Egads, no. And I wouldn't want to be an old parent anyway.