1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promposals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soaring, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Soaring

I find the word kind of annoying but you get my point. Do you have any promposal stories? Cute ones you've seen, ways you got asked, ways you've asked other people, ideas you have, etc.

I was actually asked this year and I'm really happy about it. I was asked at the cemetery by a friend that I like. I loved it, but that might just be because we're kind of odd. We were hanging out and we didn't have anywhere to go so she was just driving us around until she pulled off into the cemetery. It was kind of strange but I just went along with it and we walked around. While we were walking she kept stopping to pick all the pretty flowers she saw and I had no idea what she was doing until she gave them to me and asked me to go to prom with her. I guess it may seem weird to other people but it made me really happy. Afterwards we went to the park and it was kind of funny because we could feel people judging us but we couldn't tell if it was because we were teenagers at a park or because we looked like lesbians.

She said she was thinking about printing off a blank puzzle and writing "Will you go to prom with me?" on it and making me have to put it together but then I guess we were hanging out and she just thought "Ooh, a cemetery! That's perfect!" It was cool because she was really determined to make sure that I wouldn't be able to forget it and it worked. I bet there aren't that many other people who got asked to prom in a cemetery.

It's not going to be like a date because she doesn't want to make our two other friends uncomfortable since we'll be hanging out with them. (Not that they don't know we're both queer or that they have a problem with gay people, it's just that they originally agreed to all go as friends and I'm kind of party-crashing, heh.) I'm still happy about it though. I've also enjoyed people's reactions to it since there are a lot of people who ship us.

Anyways, does anyone else have any prom stories?