1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motivation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Apr 20, 2014.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From time to time we all struggle to motivate ourselves and I'm the first to admit to having this problem.

What do you do to motivate yourself?

2. Hexagon

Lol. Just lol.

Basically, I leave it up to chance and hope for the best.

3. Nikky DoUrden

Talking with friends to cheer u up is another thing to do "in between" to give more strength :slight_smile:
    Then doing things in small steps and its important to have the feeling of accomplishment, so u'll be hungry for more!
    And not exhusting yourself or making goals that u know u can't do at the moment, which is related to doing small steps ^^

4. Jethro702

Well to motivate myself for school... Lets just say I haven't really cracked what to do there lol.

Any other work I have to do I just sit down and start on it whether I like to or not.... because it has to get done anyway. *cough* This could apply to school too, but usually I just sit and day dream about doing the work in front of me besides actually doing it lol

5. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My motivation for school is...well... not very much. I haven't worked out how to increase it either, it's just gone down every year :lol:

Working towards losing weight/shaping up is something I find easier to motivate myself for. Motivation for that is generally that I don't like looking overweight and that the goals are more tangible than things such as schoolwork.

Apart from that I'm not good at motivating myself :confused:

6. finlandwrc

Well usually for school I remember when I get back I can have loads of fun :slight_smile:

7. 7eye

7eye Guest

Only way I'm really motivated is if I know someone, particularly an adult, will be angry at me.

8. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It depends on the situation. Usually listening to the right kind of music will do the trick for me.

9. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If we're talking about motivation to study, I'm more likely to finish something when I'm actually interested in what I'm working on (which is not always the case, unfortunately).
    So the right music (usually chill electronic music without distracting lyrics), setting up a programme, small steps each time, working after midnight when everyone's offline and less likely to respond my desperate fb messages looking for some distraction. :slight_smile: