1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any games or activities you invented while bored.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by redneck, Apr 21, 2014.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yesterday I went to visit family. My mom lives next door to my grandpa. I decided to walk over to my grandpa's house and he was sitting on the porch with a bb gun apparently shooting at the ground. I asked him what he was up to and he replied "shooting bees". I sat down near him and spent the next 20-30 minutes chatting and the two of us talking turns shooting bumble bees with a bb gun at 10-15 feet. (Yes it brought to mind an episode of "The Beverly Hillbillies").

Though the "game" was technically created by my grandpa it got me to wandering what"games" you have invented or been a part of that were born out of boredom and a random object being close.

#1 redneck, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. Yosia

I sometimes like to play 'see if i can hit that with the socks im wearing' or i like to imagine the 'what if' situations ^.^

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

In school friends and I used to count the holes in the wall above us.
    We counted over 600 in one plate.:grin:

4. BornAnew

- Ballodminton

It's a balloon game where you play with a balloon as if you were playing badminton.

- Ballouash (pronounced as 'Baloo' the bear followed by 'uash' from squash)

Got a free wall & a baloon? Ditch your squash gear & use the same principles to enjoy a similar styled game at home!!

______

Then sometimes when I walk I try to walk in line with the shapes on the floor...omg that probably looks idiotic from afar!

5. PurpleGrey

Ah, yes. My own Salt and Pepper Wars. For when I was bored at a restaurant. It can be played many many unrelated ways. And not one makes any sense.

6. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My fingers are sentient cannons. They're constantly firing at something but the little finger always fires in the wrong direction, and various scenarios arise from this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've played this ever since I was a kid and somehow it never loses its charm.

7. Kreiger

My friend and I play chess a lot during study halls, so much so where we created a bunch of variations on chess. One of them was Equal-Oppurtunity Chess, where if the King gets captured the Queen takes over as ruler. My favorite version is Mr. President, where both kings start in enemy territory and you have to rescue yours while keeping the other President hostage. There are so many bizarre rules in that one...

8. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    in all honesty? a drinking game ( no i do not encourage anyone to try it nor promote alcohol it was out of pure boredom that i had this in my head)

Blue Oyster Cult - don't fear the reaper
    take a shot for everytime you hear a cowbell

9. Weekender

We used to go on tons of road trips when I was younger, and I also happened to be obsessed with Guitar Hero. I couldn't play Guitar Hero in the car, of course, so I would pretend that the stripes on the road were the button-indicators and just tap my fingers accordingly. I still catch myself doing it absentmindedly sometimes.