1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic fails or wins

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever had an epic fail or an epic win?

What happened?

I can only think of an epic win for me at the moment. It was when I was younger, I was playing foot ball in a sports hall (soccer for our US friends) I was in goal and I kicked the ball out. It went flying off my foot and straight into one of the basket ball nets at the side of the hall. I bet I could never do that again if I tried....

How about you?

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. IsThisAName

In one of my psych classes, we have a pre-test at the beginning of the week over that week's material. It doesn't count as a grade but if we do well, it can make up for things if we do badly on the quiz at the end of the week.

One week, I didnt read the chapter at all. Like, at all. Just made an educated guess on every question. Got a 7/10. Still a 70%, but good for not reading! Epic win.

The next week, I also didn't read. Got a 1/10. And the one that I got "correct"... it was actually wrong. The teacher just didn't catch it. My friends and I were laughing hysterically. Epic. Fail.

3. Cass

One time at band camp (yes my story legit begins like this) the girl playing forth bass stepped back too early and hit her head on my drum (3rd bass) and knocked mine off its carrier. While sideways crab stepping I caught my bass drum, reattached it to my carrier and continued playing without missing a step
    Win for me, fail for her

4. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

It's not epic but a fail I regret.
    Last year I went to an adjustment test for an art school. I didn't pass it.
    I wanted to try again this year (I did think so last year) but this year I didn't want to cause I thought I wouldn't pass it anyway. And I'm currently on another school.
    So I didn't went. Btw it was last march.
    But if I tried I could have passed!! And after this schoolyear I could go to it.
    God, I'm soo stupid. I hope I even pass this schoolyear.
    If not that would be an epic fail!!

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just passed my customer service exam with ease. Epic win :-D

6. Yosia

Mine was football too and in the cup final we were losing and it was like the last minute so i just accept that we lost and kick it high and powerful towards their goal and the referee doesnt blow his whistle which is rather good because it sailed into their net and the goalkeeper looked at me with an expressionless face, the referee ended the game then and because it was equal it went to extra time but we lost XD

I dont think i could score a goal like that ever again in my life ^.^

7. bottomsup

Hi.
    I recently did a most epic fail at coming out.
    Aged 39, 4 kids, my whole lifetime of hiding myself from myself, and forcing reprogramming to suit society, finally facing up to it, aceptance etc over the last 3 years, right this is it, im doing this. I come out to the wife, gay not bi, told all friends and family im gay, and love my wife, but we dont hit it, next thing im being ejected, she takes kids away, my brain starts to hurt and hurt (after initial elation evaporated) not allowing myself to console the wife, or hug sitting watching her crying, (then she went with the kids for a few days, instructions for me to be gone when she gets back) head hurting a lot, self harm reappearing.. Arrg its all going wrong... So what do I do? I had to backtrack, "I was stressed and in anxious mess, its a mistake, im not gay" I had to tell everyone, by which time it was already out, the whole town knew, gossip central...
    Aaarrrgggg...
    Epic win, will tell you later.

8. bottomsup

Edit.
    Oh yes, and I of course blurted all this, to my best mate of 27 years, and the transgender issues, which were I think basically me wanting to appear attractive to guys, specific guys, and yes him..
    We have not spoken for nearly three months no, and that's after speaking or visiting each other like twice a week, for twenty bloody years.
    That is like a knife through my calmness, cant settle, and cant ever talk to him again. Have sent him off on a downward spiral I suspect. He won't talk to me, won't text won't email and when I phone his parents instantly say he is not there, which is a lie.
    Ruined it all I have.
    Thank goodness I have managed to recover my family and the love of my life, my wife. She has her eyes open, and I hide nothing.
    Yikes.
    Well, ten day countdown to our first bisexual party night, if we can manage to go, it willbe an illuminating day.
    We have kids, so not easy to ever go anywhere, we have no other support than me and her, no helpers, and knowone we can talk to about all this.
    Im scared, terrified that I will wreck out lives, just because of some gay fantasy, but its not a fantasy, its a part of me, a big part...
    Will I ever be able to be gay?....
    Meltdown! Thank goodness for the power of music and the love we have now shining on us and making it all ok.
    She loves me, devoutly, I will never hurt her, she is so amazing she tolde last night, when I was crying about it all, that even if in the future I spread my beautifull butterfly wings and take off, she will never regret anything, not the years we spent together, not the wasted lives, as its not been wasted, not ever.
    She is truly amazing like you would not believe.
    this is so hard to deal with..
    how can I continue and think im not supposed to be here? One look at the kids makes me cry, and despair and then I find the power to keep going, perhaps this is just a phase?Lol, leading me to my major concern, doubts..
    Doubts are hard to deal with, as they undermine your thinking, but also make you question and check youself. A good thing really.

but I have already been down that road, all my life I have convincedyself im not gay, just desparate for sex, and thus my brain has concocted the gay attraction?
    I know that this is not true, I may be bi , not gay, but am gay gay gay.
    Well, as in I want man sex, nothing else.
    Love love love

---------- Post added 29th May 2014 at 01:05 PM ----------

Oh, tomorrow my wife is going to see his sister to talk about what is the problem, is he ok, etc and see if can sort us out.
    He has issues ....
    So is that an Epic Win, or Epic Fail,? What you think?

#8 bottomsup, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  9. Rumpletubb

One time, me and my friend were walking in a park and I felt like I could feel how the wind moved so I walked towards a lowhanging branch, reached out my hand and said: "Obey my will!". After I did that, the wind grabbed the branch and I could pass under it (i'm 6.2) without being close to touching it.
    Afterwards, the branch slowly returned to its original position.

I've never felt so awesome. Not when I boxed, not when I caught my biggest fish, not when I was in the army. Right then and there, I was one with nature!

And, the best part, I have an eyewitness!

10. bottomsup

excelent , I like that.
    I have built up a pretty good list of epic fails and wins in my time. Epicly only the fails spring to mind this eve. Perhaps the rum and tequila mix and driving past "his" house have upset my equilibrium.
    Epic win, is surviving thus far aok, walking away from numerous car crashes unscthaed etc, the three mile nightime high on all sorts, 4am ride down this massive hill, hitting speeds of 35ph + (couz chasing in a car, trying to help light the way) flying blond ( lol blind) down a twisty road, on a plank of wood attached to wheels, hair razing but what a rush...
    Rolling a car end over end, tip to tail, not just sideways roll, that to easy, no, 95 mph end over end along the main rd. how did I manage to get into that situation...

am I old? Im now 40, and in crysis.. Thought could control and steeryself straight..
    so so glad i went nuts ( i had to to get here) and spilled the beans over it all.
    Anyhow, i blah on and on, self fueling myself...
    Will keep it real....